Never had a pet in 76 years BUT thats about to change big style.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I have probably posted this before. A good few years back now a former neighbour asked to feed her cats whilst she was away a few days. One of them saw me as his best friend and as soon I got home he bounded into my house and I found him sat at the top of the stairs. "I was hoping you were next door, I have to feed you" I said. Head cocked slightly he pondered what I had said and walked outside and sat on the shed looking at the back door to his official home. Proof of there ever was cats can understand what is said to them. Just they normally choose to ignore.

Took our cat to the vet. Vet noted that she was over-weight, and told us that we should feed her less, or give her more exercise.

Now you need to know that our cat is the greediest cat we have ever come across. She hassles us for food from over an hour before her feeding time, sometimes more. We have to feed her twice a day, as if we put down a whole day's food at the start, she would eat the lot and then be sick. She is also likely to raid any box of treats that she finds and can open, and will steal any food left on surfaces, particularly chicken, unless it is in a container with the lid firmly on. Fortunately she is very much not a hunter, and not a wanderer either, so we are her only source of food.

Following this vet's visit, she suddenly took an interest in a shoelace that we had left for her to play with. For the next month or so our lives were blighted with the constant demands to flick the shoelace around for her to chase. Which she did with much enthusiasm.

Common sense tells me that this is correlation, not causation. But can't help feeling that it isn't.

Its a big house.
We had a complete 'granny flat' built for my MiL and I will have that. It has a lounge, bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. I will share the conservatory.
Lots of adjusting to do but I will get there (hopefully🙂).

wow that sounds ideal!

my Sis is struggling to cope w/ the promise she made to our Mother that she could move in her house. Sis just can't manage it & it's a big disappointment to the family

postman

Legendary Member
a friend of ours took his cat to the vet.As the vet came out of his office carrying the cat,he said sorry i am going to have to put him down.Oh my pal said i had no idea he was that ill.no he is not ill he is just so heavy.

Top Bottom