New 25c Road Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Hi
Can I have your recommendations for best road tyres please. I now I've debated this before so apologies.

My only criteria
- I like 25c's
- I ride in all conditions
- I hate punctures
- I use Clincher wheels
- Not too heavy please

If you've seen any offers, let me know
thanks in advance

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i like and have used loads of vittoria rubino's on my bikes and normally go for the wired variety

Halfords had the Gatorskins on offer a couple of weeks ago ??

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Durano and Mich Endurance have been very reliable in the past for me . I have used Vittoria Rubino Pro 3s but do not rate them for winter miles. Currently trying out Conti 4 seasons as I was quite flush with cash unusually for January so will see how these last long term !

iandg

Legendary Member
Another vote for Vittoria Rubino. I also like Panaracer Pasella. On my fixed I am currently riding Vittoria Randonneur for the winter, good puncture resistance but more sluggish.

Gatorskin hardshells are horrific in my experience of them, horrible, skittish, and puncture resistant as toothpaste. I prefer Durano Plus, as my weapon of choice for pneumatic tyres, in the winter, I’d also recommend Michelin Pro 4s, from personal experience, but they tend to be more expensive.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Gatorskin hardshells are horrific in my experience of them, horrible, skittish, and puncture resistant as toothpaste. I prefer Durano Plus, as my weapon of choice for pneumatic tyres, in the winter, I’d also recommend Michelin Pro 4s, from personal experience, but they tend to be more expensive.
I get the skatorskins comments but Mich Pro 4s??? That’s a racing tyre , fast as but no way would run it in winter !! I must travel on really rough roads or awfy unlucky!

Top Bottom