New 25c Road Tyres

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Rooster1, 31 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rooster1

Rooster1 Hornblower

Hi
    Can I have your recommendations for best road tyres please. I now I've debated this before so apologies.

My only criteria
    - I like 25c's
    - I ride in all conditions
    - I hate punctures
    - I use Clincher wheels
    - Not too heavy please

If you've seen any offers, let me know
    thanks in advance

2. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

i like and have used loads of vittoria rubino's on my bikes and normally go for the wired variety

Halfords had the Gatorskins on offer a couple of weeks ago ??

3. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Last edited: 31 Jan 2018
  4. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

This thread is just going to end up as a list of all tyres on the market.

Dogtrousers, Alan O and vickster like this.
  5. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Quite probably (although M+ fail on the last criterion, and for me the second, awful when slippery)

6. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

7. True but the only correct answer will be Durano Plus ;)

slow scot likes this.
  8. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

Durano and Mich Endurance have been very reliable in the past for me . I have used Vittoria Rubino Pro 3s but do not rate them for winter miles. Currently trying out Conti 4 seasons as I was quite flush with cash unusually for January so will see how these last long term !

9. Regulator

Regulator Scourge of stale, pale, male snowflakes.

Absolutely - if you're not going to fit Marathon Plus then Durano Plus is the only sensible option. Don't waste time and money fitting Hamsterskins or the like...

10. Another vote for Vittoria Rubino. I also like Panaracer Pasella. On my fixed I am currently riding Vittoria Randonneur for the winter, good puncture resistance but more sluggish.

11. Liz Su

Liz Su Über Member

Gatorskin Hardshells

Biff600 likes this.
  12. Gatorskin hardshells are horrific in my experience of them, horrible, skittish, and puncture resistant as toothpaste. I prefer Durano Plus, as my weapon of choice for pneumatic tyres, in the winter, I’d also recommend Michelin Pro 4s, from personal experience, but they tend to be more expensive.

13. OP
    OP
    Rooster1

Rooster1 Hornblower

keep em comin lol

14. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

15. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

I get the skatorskins comments but Mich Pro 4s??? That’s a racing tyre , fast as but no way would run it in winter !! I must travel on really rough roads or awfy unlucky!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice