New and injured

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all.new here and to forums .being on the mtb for years and decided 2 month ago go for the road bike .all was going well, and got the bug.in till I changed my pedals to clip in.they are great and prefer them greatly but had bit of a nightmare with them , my doING. I went round the block a few times stopping and starting getting clicked in and out.the next day went for 40 mile run and I was near home when stopped at lights .obviously forgetting being clipped in I toppled over, if that wasn't bad enough a car roled over my foot when down.luckily I have no breaks but bad soft tissue damage.so my question is has anyone had tissue damage on foot and how long were they out and rest time .thanks a lot

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hi, and welcome to CycleChat
I've moved your inital post to the Health Issues part of the forum as although you are a beginner (on CycleChat at least!) you do have a specific question about your injured foot.

And someone will ask, so I may as well - have you seen a doctor about your foot?

Hi, and welcome to CycleChat
I've moved your inital post to the Health Issues part of the forum as although you are a beginner (on CycleChat at least!) you do have a specific question about your injured foot.

And someone will ask, so I may as well - have you seen a doctor about your foot?
Hi thanks for sorting that out new to forums .I have being to hospital where they did a xray.they said there was no breaks but tissue damage .my foot purple and can't put weight on it at moment and on crutches. It's only being 24 hours and getting bored doing nothing already .hopi g to get out on bike this weekend ☺ but may be kidding myself. Thanks for reply

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hi thanks for sorting that out new to forums .I have being to hospital where they did a xray.they said there was no breaks but tissue damage .my foot purple and can't put weight on it at moment and on crutches. It's only being 24 hours and getting bored doing nothing already .hopi g to get out on bike this weekend ☺ but may be kidding myself. Thanks for reply

My sympathies! I sprained my ankle on holiday, didn't bother with doctors, but it was nearly a month before I felt comfortable cycling with it, and another month before all twinges had gone. I think you are being a bit over-ambitious thinking you might get out this weekend - and you could damage it more if you go out before it is ready.

But now you've got all the threads on this lovely forum to catch up on! :cuppa: :reading:
(Just don't do too much :popcorn: or :hungry: while you can't be active!)

Yeah your right heard this injury can sometimes take time .will ease into it gently after comfortable walking on foot .got my first small event in October ,42 miles.not a big distance, but hopefully plenty of time sort out all niggles in foot and be ready .thanks again. Also do I just add to this thread if I want to update or start new post .

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Also do I just add to this thread if I want to update or start new post .
If you are still talking about your foot injury, please just add to this thread (even if it is in a couple of weeks' time and you just want to tell folks it's much better now!)

If you want to talk about a different topic, start a new thread in the appropriate part of the forum. Don't worry too much about getting it in the right place, the 'staff' can always move it for you if necessary.

Many thanks

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
If failing to unclip hasn't shaken your confidence too much, it might be worth persisting for them for a bit. I like them (and I've had two clipless moments - in most cases the worst injury was to my dignity, but I was lucky that no cars were involved!)

However when you first get back on the bike, it might be worth fitting flat pedals for a bit, especially if you are breaking your foot in gently (sorry for the choice of words!)

:welcome:To CycleChat and also :welcome: to the 'clipless moment club' (they very often happen as you get home, I think ones brain switches off)
GWS with the foot.
Hi thanks for the welcome .yeah definitely had a brain malfunction.felt like I went over like a falling tree.before I could even think to do anything my foot was under a wheel.funny when you think back .sore tho .

If failing to unclip hasn't shaken your confidence too much, it might be worth persisting for them for a bit. I like them (and I've had two clipless moments - in most cases the worst injury was to my dignity, but I was lucky that no cars were involved!)

However when you first get back on the bike, it might be worth fitting flat pedals for a bit, especially if you are breaking your foot in gently (sorry for the choice of words!)
I'll keep that in mind cheers .wouldn't say confidence is shaken but soon see when pull up to lights .might get in a flap.ha

Top Bottom