New Bianchi Oltre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucers

Guru
I like the look of Bianchi's especially their trademark pale bluey/green and as a modern bikes go it looks great aside of all that paraphanalia on the wheels. Prefer more discreet or none at all!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I like the look of Bianchi's especially their trademark pale bluey/green and as a modern bikes go it looks great aside of all that paraphanalia on the wheels. Prefer more discreet or none at all!

Celeste

fudgepanda

Planning a trip to tenerife in march, Will be taking the bike with me to cover a few hundred miles.
Can I suggest placing a bulk order for WD40. A good spray all round ought to do it. Might be a bit rough in the Bay of Biscay though. Also remember to take plenty of carbohydrates to keep you going.....and a good set of waterproofs.

BeAlert

I've got a 2012 Oltre as well. It's a great looking bike on the surface until you look more closely at the lettering and decals on the frame. If you inspect the left hand side of the downtube you will see that you purchased a bike called a "Biancni" because they have cut off the top of the "h" and turned it into an "n". Also on the outside of the lefthand chainstay and on the inside of the right chainstay you will see that you have bought a "Rianchi" because they have cut off the bottom of the "B".
In addition the Bianchi emblem on the downtube has not been centred properly and they have cut off the founders name. And some of the Italian flags on the bike have been reversed so you now have a Hungarian Flag on the bike. I wrote to the CEO of Bianchi about this and in his reply he stated that he was unaware of these problems. However, a few days later I received a further email from him saying that the lettering,etc had been done "intentionally". I wrote back and pointed out that Bianchi have three professional teams on the world cycling circuit who are riding and advertising his bikes with incorrect names. Guess what?!! The 2013 Bianchi Oltre lettering has been changed and corrected so if it was done "intentionally" why did they not just keep it that way for their 2013 models. Also from the new 2013 model that I have seen, the "Made in Taiwan" label has been quietly removed from the underneath of the B/B. So if you think you have an Italian frame made by world renowned Italian craftsman, think again !!
This is my second 2012 Oltre frame as a result of an accident I had last year in Germany where the frame was replaced. In both cases after a few weeks of riding they developed a "clack", "clack" noise every time I stood up on the pedals and sprinted uphill rocking the bike vigorously from side to side. Unfortunately this noise only becomes apparent after one has purchased the bike. After much time and effort and expense I eventually discovered that the cups of the B/B (I also have a Campagnolo 11sp Super Record Group Set) which are pressed in, work themselves loose after a few weeks resulting in this annoying noise. Very embarrassing when riding one of the best looking and expensive bikes in one's Club. It appears that the internal circumference of the B/B is slightly too large and that Bianchi have not got their tolerances right- hence the noise.When one extracts the cups one can see the wear that is taking place with the movement. Of course the Campagnolo cups could be the problem but if this was the case then I am sure that by now every other bike make fitted with an 11sp Campagnolo Super Record would have a similiar problem and would have generated many complaints. My frame is a 59 by the way so I do not know whether the problem is also applicable to other sizes because the 59 frame and larger models could flex more than the smaller sizes. It is possible that this problem could be applicable to the new 2013 Models as well, but you should check if you are the owner of a 2011,2012 or 2013 Bianchi Oltre.
The other problem that I have with Bianchi is that their local distributor here in South Africa has refused to deal with the noise issue as I did not purchase the bike from him and has told me to send it all the way back to Germany and that the Bianchi Agent their must deal with it. How's that for good service and customer satisfaction on a frame that alone costs +/- 3500 EUROS!!
So the moral of the story is BeAlert and don't let the sales bling blind you.

yello

Can I have a go mister!

Celeste is my favourite colour. £8500 is not my favourite price, not for a bicycle anyway.

I hope you enjoy it, it's a good looking bike.

e-rider

crappy member
you clearly spent a lot of dosh on this so why put cheapo tyres on? For use on rollers perhaps? Saddle might need shirting back a touch too, unless you have very short femurs. Great otherwise! :thumbsup:

NotFabian

EACC
Beautiful bike there. Unfortunately it would clash with my club colours so wouldnt buy :whistle: (nothing to do with it being unaffordable).
I can only assume those commenting negatively on the set up and that the frame must be too big, actually know you personally, surely knowing your physical make up would be a must in order to comment accurately.

OP
OP
Oltre

Oltre

you clearly spent a lot of dosh on this so why put cheapo tyres on? For use on rollers perhaps? Saddle might need shirting back a touch too, unless you have very short femurs. Great otherwise! :thumbsup:

Tyres where £160 for 2, not very cheap at that price, chose them because good all round grip and good puncture protection.

OP
OP
Oltre

Oltre

Beautiful bike there. Unfortunately it would clash with my club colours so wouldnt buy :whistle: (nothing to do with it being unaffordable).
I can only assume those commenting negatively on the set up and that the frame must be too big, actually know you personally, surely knowing your physical make up would be a must in order to comment accurately.

The people commenting on the bike setup dont know me personally and have never seen me, bike fits me perfectly, didnt spend all that money to get a bike that doesnt fit. I was given a professional bike fit, arms, legs,back measured.

OP
OP
Oltre

Oltre

Off to Lanzarote next thursday with the bike to cover excess of 300 miles, Bike all boxed up ready for flight.

Top Bottom