New bib shorts help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I'm astonished by the price of cycling clothes these days. The markup must be enormous as the less popular sizes are always sold off very cheaply (if you're a small woman, you can clothe yourself in Rapha for less than dhb prices). Shorts don't last all that long, either.

carlosfandangus

Über Member
Ordered another pair of DHB Aeron yesterday, the Craft ones at the same size don't hold me together as well, (gentleman bits) the craft ones also come down on their own when I pull the straps down to get changed (walking upstairs) the DHB ones don't, I now have numerous pairs of bibs from different manufacturers, must admit though the DHB at £60 are the most expensive, its taken a few years to settle on DHB, impressed with mine

SafetyThird

My Pearl Izumi winter bib tights arrived today from Sports Pursuit, very quick service. Medium size is a perfect fit for me at 177cm & 75Kg, though they do accentuate the few pounds I've put on during lockdown and which is why I'm now getting back on the bike again. Unless you're a racing snake, bike clothing isn't exactly flattering.

vickster

Legendary Member
My Pearl Izumi winter bib tights arrived today from Sports Pursuit, very quick service. Medium size is a perfect fit for me at 177cm & 75Kg, though they do accentuate the few pounds I've put on during lockdown and which is why I'm now getting back on the bike again. Unless you're a racing snake, bike clothing isn't exactly flattering.
Learn to tuck for Lycra shorts to be more flattering for men :whistle: :laugh:

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
So i bought a pair of VAN RYSEL RR 900 Road Cycling Bib Shorts for £50 from Decathlon and after 3 weeks the stitching came undone around the waist and the straps so I sent them back (good customer service and sent me a new pair no problem, haven't worn them yet) so I thought this is an important bit of kit and maybe I should spend more on another set so I bought a pair of castelli free aero race 4 bib shorts from Wiggle at £150 and after 100 miles the bum area is wearing out and the inner pad is coming lose! contacted Wiggle and still waiting to hear after 4 days, amazingly Decathlon customer service is much better.
It just shows it's not always the amount of money you spend, the Van Rysel was more comfortable with wider straps and more room around the gentleman sausage.

Attachments

• bib3.jpg
    bib3.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 8
  • bib2.jpg
    bib2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 8

JRTemple

Biking Enthusiast!
Yes. They have some very keen prices on new old stock usually, sometimes limited sizes like any discounted clothing.

However, sometimes the delivery can be slow (they order from suppliers when order received) and delivery/returns aren’t free so take that into account when shopping.

I’ve not shopped loads with them, but I’ve saved £30 on a Kask helmet, the same on a piece of luggage and £20, maybe more on a jersey. A friend recently got the specific pair of cycling shorts she wanted at 60% off (not available elsewhere).

if you do buy, you can turn off marketing of course

Vickster, I hope you don't mind me asking you a question, I've recently purchased some items from Wish, someone told me they are cheap which he was right but my god are they useless, they say delivery will be 2 weeks, fine, I can wait, then after 2 weeks they say delivery will be 2 months and you can't cancel as the item is on its way to you!!!
Also have you ever returned an item to Sports Pursuit ?
I would prefer to pay a few quid more knowing that if there is a problem I am going to get a refund.

vickster

Legendary Member
Vickster, I hope you don't mind me asking you a question, I've recently purchased some items from Wish, someone told me they are cheap which he was right but my god are they useless, they say delivery will be 2 weeks, fine, I can wait, then after 2 weeks they say delivery will be 2 months and you can't cancel as the item is on its way to you!!!
Also have you ever returned an item to Sports Pursuit ?
I would prefer to pay a few quid more knowing that if there is a problem I am going to get a refund.
Yes I returned something once, no idea what. The refund wasn’t majorly quick but nothing shocking. a week or two maybe (I don’t pay much attention as long as it comes back at some point). The only thing is no free returns so I wouldn’t buy shoes for example or something I wasn’t fairly confident on.
Buy with a credit card and if there’s an issue you can do a chargeback and leave the Cc company to sort.
I did that with some company once who went awol and they were very swift to sort when the CC company took all of the cash away (I returned one of two items only)

SafetyThird

Learn to tuck for Lycra shorts to be more flattering for men :whistle: :laugh:
It was more the way they accentuated the weight I've put on around my mid section that was unflattering, no hiding the paunch when the lycra is skin tight :smile:

OP
OP
P

Peter Richardson

Über Member
just thought I would post a quick review of my new dhb Aeron bibs.
much nicer pad than my last Aerons.
shoulder straps more comfortable.
did 40 miles today,felt great when I finished.
only slight gripe would be they are slightly longer in the leg than my previous pair.
overall would recommend for the £60 paid.👍

Top Bottom