new bibs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

looking for some new bibs sub £40, just the usual - comphy, hardwearing etc. any recomendations?

looked at the spesh wordmark and the dhb earnleys, but if anyones got any others they think are decent let me know.

ta

domtyler

Über Member
The dhb's are meant to be really great, I asked a similar question ages ago, gonna get some but haven't got round to it yet.

mikeitup

Veteran
re

the DHB range of clothing is excellent value for money. I used my Merston's through the winter and they have been great. I have the Earnley waist shorts and they have been fine too.
You could also look at the Lusso range too.
The Lusso Pro X bib shorts have had good press.

mikeitup

Veteran

nilling

Über Member
+1 for dhb (dirty hairy biker?)

I bought 3/4 bib last year and I'm still impressed. Lots of padding and good fit even for a lardy ass like me :wacko:

yello

I find the dhb 3/4's a bit warm, more full winter than autumnal... but I doubt their bibs are made of the same material!

Tbh, I'm not wowed by them though. The fit is not great and there's something Max Wall/tights-ish about them. Yes, they're okay and, for the price, well worthy of consideration IF that's your budget.. BUT personally I'd up the budget to get something a bit more comfortable.

Fit is a personal thing but I find the Nike Race bibs comfortably snug. A quick google shows them being available for as little as £27 on sale in XL.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

went for the dhb's, and done about 50 miles in them and they feel fine, not sure if they're worthy of all of the praise they've had but certainly pretty decent, and better padding than my specialized bibs too!

colinr

Are the DHBs still the thing to get, or have they been surpassed since this post? How's the fit? I've not worn bibs before so don't know how generous or not they are. I'm 5'7" with 32/33" waist, so by Wiggle's size chart I'm between XS/S but I don't trust the generalised sizing.

Globalti

Legendary Member
DHB stuff is excellent value; I have their knee-length bibs and the are the best bit of kit I own.

Moose

I have worn DHB bib longs and 3/4s for a while now and decided to try a pair of Altura bib shorts instead of going for DHB again. The Altura's definitely have a more comfortable chamois and I'm so far impressed by them. Slightly more expensive, but if they last as long as the DHB's I'll be very pleased.

Top Bottom