New Bike Alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
And now for my Clinton Baptiste Moment [cue smoke, strobes etc etc etc......]

Here she is, the first and, at this time, only, MBW Mudshark AKA the Snotrocket.

It's been hung in the shop for a good six months for various reasons (mainly due to the CX season and the horrid horrid winter)

And she rides well- wheelbase is a bit long for it to be a true racer (I built in PLENTY of mud clearance) but I rode it a bit last night and it's fairly stiff and responsive, and pretty damn comfortable. It'll be a good tourer/commuter.

A few tweaks here and there (new block and chain, brakes sorted and some bar tape) and she'll be ready for some proper rides!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Well done- job completed - looks like a nice machine - though the mismatched bar tape was unusual!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Very nice dan. :smile: Will you put mudguards on? Or is it only for cross?

Now that you have mastered building from bare metal the next step is to start with the geology, find you ore, smelt, .............. and then pick up from where you are now expert :biggrin:

Very purdy, but those forks...are they comfy?

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Thanks all.

There is a reason why the people who do this kind of thing for a living are called craftsmen. I enjoyed doing it and would love to be doing it for a living, however, it's a fair old task which is (evidently) time consuming.

Next one- when I can be arsed/make time- will probably be a trackie. No cable routing innit!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
dan_bo said:
Thanks all.

There is a reason why the people who do this kind of thing for a living are called craftsmen. I enjoyed doing it and would love to be doing it for a living, however, it's a fair old task which is (evidently) time consuming.

Next one- when I can be arsed/make time- will probably be a trackie. No cable routing innit!

And then a Trikie? :smile:

Top Bottom