New Bike and tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chipmonster

After a long two weeks wait, should get my Claud Butler Strada today.

I keep meeting this old granny who has a hybrid bike, overtakes me on my mountain bike everytime no matter how hard I try to peddle:biggrin:

Additionally, its gonna be my first time ever on drops so slightly nervous too, just hope I dont meet the old granny whilst I am getting used to the bike:biggrin:

I am buying from a wholesaler, they are doing a schwalbe marathon plus tyres at £13 each, are these any good and are they worth putting on a my bike.

philr

hello

i have been struggling on an old very heavy mtb for quite a while now, have purchased a staright bar road bike, wow what a difference.

for me no way near as much effort needed to propel the bike and it runs a lot smoother far less friction.

RedBike

they are doing a schwalbe marathon plus tyres at £13 each, are these any good and are they worth putting on a my bike.

Not really.
Save up and go for Mitchelin Pro race or Conti Grand Prix.

I keep meeting this old granny who has a hybrid bike, overtakes me on my mountain bike everytime no matter how hard I try to peddle:biggrin:

Are you sure there isn't something wrong with your MTB?
At least you'll have no excuses for being passed anymore by anyone!

I still think you're going to find the gearing murder to begin with compared to the MTB. (Although everyone else dis-agreed with me) Stick with it though. You will get used to it.

Top Bottom