New bike condition/state?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
How cheap was it compared to RRP or other sellers?

I expect if you ask Tredz for a partial refund they'll say to return it and then they'll sell it on. But no harm in asking. Assume it wasn't sold as ex display/demo or end of line?

Did you sign to receive saying the box was damaged?

outlash

also available in orange
I'd say ask for 30% off, that's not unreasonable.

Ignore this. Don't embarrass yourself for asking for a stupid amount, explain the situation to them and see if they offer anything (10 - 15% most likely). If not, just ask for a full refund and go somewhere else.

OP
OP
T

totem

Total Newb, but eager to learn
How cheap was it compared to RRP or other sellers?

I expect if you ask Tredz for a partial refund they'll say to return it and then they'll sell it on. But no harm in asking. Assume it wasn't sold as ex display/demo or end of line?

Did you sign to receive saying the box was damaged?
It was sold to me as a new bike. They price matched it to £800, Tredz listed it on their website as £1199.99.

I'll ask about a partial refund to see what they say, if nothing I'll just return it. Tredz shouldn't deduct me return postage/collection if they refund it?

No, I didn't sign for it and no note was made by the person who signed for it that the box was damaged. Would that be a problem?

Ignore this. Don't embarrass yourself for asking for a stupid amount, explain the situation to them and see if they offer anything (10 - 15% most likely). If not, just ask for a full refund and go somewhere else.
If they offered 10-15%, should I take it (or would you take it)?

OP
OP
T

totem

Would that have any effect on my partial or full refund claim?

If I do have to send it back for a full refund, Tredz shouldn't deduct me for return postage/collection if they refund it?

vickster

Legendary Member
Would that have any effect on my partial or full refund claim?

If I do have to send it back for a full refund, Tredz shouldn't deduct me for return postage/collection if they refund it?
Why not just send it back and get one from the company Tredz matched if they haven't got another?

That said IIRC it's a London commuter, so will likely get bashed when locked up etc anyhow!

OP
OP
T

totem

Stock in my size is now unavailable for that company, maybe they were using the same source as Tredz, but that would be a guess on my part. Now scouring elsewhere to see where it is listed.

OP
OP
T

totem

That is the bike, not the original company that I saw. Already emailed them about stock and condition of bike, awaiting a response. Do you know if they offer the first bike check for free?

Also, I'm definitely not brave or fit enough to ride back from Horsham, especially the 45-50 mile journey that it would be, as much as I'd like to try. Trains allow bikes on at weekends freely don't they, space allowing of course, or do you need to pre-book/declare?

vickster

Legendary Member
That is the bike, not the original company that I saw. Already emailed them about stock and condition of bike, awaiting a response. Do you know if they offer the first bike check for free?

Also, I'm definitely not brave or fit enough to ride back from Horsham, especially the 45-50 mile journey that it would be, as much as I'd like to try. Trains allow bikes on at weekends freely don't they, space allowing of course, or do you need to pre-book/declare?
As an LBS, I assume they offer the check. Just get the train both ways, Sourhern have no weekend restrictions on taking bikes

Phone them up for details

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/contact

Make sure Tredz will take the other back with no penalty first though!

Goggs

Guru
They could claim it was damaged in transit but not noted upon delivery

That wouldn't wash for the damage around the fork eyelets though. This bike has definitely been sold before. I wouldn't accept it & under Distance Selling Regulations you're entitled to a full refund including any p&p charges incurred by you.

There's plenty bikes out there.

davidphilips

Veteran
way i see it you paid for a new bike received a return (or secondhand bike) theres a few marks on it that you dont like and will never really be happy about so contact seller asap see if they offer you a reasonable discount one that you would be happy with, the amount of discount if any offered only you can tell if you would be happy with it, if no discount or not enough to make the bike seem like a great deal then return it, theres thousands of bikes for sale and always good deals more so in the next few months.

Top Bottom