New bike condition/state?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

totem

Total Newb, but eager to learn
Wasn't listed as ex-demo or anything to indicate prior use or display purposes.

As you say, the box damage doesn't correspond withe bike damage, so the two are unrelated.

Not happy with it, so have contacted the company this morning asking for a full refund, with a full and detailed account with a photo gallery to back it up. What's even more baffling/annoying is that they included one of the bike checklist detailing pre-bike checks that were made. It seems they forgot to check the frame, or maybe ignored it.

Now waiting a response, hope it's quick.

According to their website to say they will deduct up to £5 for return delivery/courier. I hope not and asked them to clarify and requested that they dont' apply said deduction.

OP
OP
T

totem

As will I in future. Are all big bike shops like this, just a quick gaze of some reviews for these large bike retailers doesn't always make good reading.

Goggs

Guru
Now I'm aware of the seller I'm not surprised - I've bought from them before and received 'used' goods which were claimed to be 'new'.

Tredz is a company I avoid.

No! Don't say that! I'm just about to pull the trigger on some bits for the bike & Tredz is the cheapest I can find. Delivery to France is only a Fiver too.

vickster

Legendary Member
Wasn't listed as ex-demo or anything to indicate prior use or display purposes.

As you say, the box damage doesn't correspond withe bike damage, so the two are unrelated.

Not happy with it, so have contacted the company this morning asking for a full refund, with a full and detailed account with a photo gallery to back it up. What's even more baffling/annoying is that they included one of the bike checklist detailing pre-bike checks that were made. It seems they forgot to check the frame, or maybe ignored it.

Now waiting a response, hope it's quick.

According to their website to say they will deduct up to £5 for return delivery/courier. I hope not and asked them to clarify and requested that they dont' apply said deduction.
Phone them, don't fanny around with emails (you may have called and left a VM of course)

vickster

Legendary Member
No! Don't say that! I'm just about to pull the trigger on some bits for the bike & Tredz is the cheapest I can find. Delivery to France is only a Fiver too.
They often seems not to have the items in stock. I waited 3 months for a saddle, wasn't in a hurry and it was a bit cheaper

I'd get Evans to price match

vickster

Legendary Member
As will I in future. Are all big bike shops like this, just a quick gaze of some reviews for these large bike retailers doesn't always make good reading.
There is a risk, they cut their profit margins through volume but also skimping on customer service IMO

I mostly stick to retailers with a physical shop even if buying online (Halfords, Evans, Sigma, especially as they match Wiggle, CRC etc)

Bikes, in store purchases for me unless a complete bargain / unobtainable otherwise

simon.r

Person
I agree with the overall gist of this thread, but to balance it out slightly:

I've had 2 bikes from Tredz in the last year and have been very happy with their service (and prices).

I was moved to email them after the last bike was delivered to say thanks to their mechanics for the thorough way they had assembled the bike - even down to greasing the BB threads, which was a first IME.

OP
OP
T

totem

@simon.r apart from the condition of the bike I received, everything else about their service seems okay. Delivered promptly. Price matched the bike. They greased the threads for the pedals, everything else was fitted and covered/protected largely, BUT they still missed the damage/marks of the frame and what I listed in my first post, which is kind of a big thing to miss. It's not a judgement on tredz as a whole, just my experience, a broadly frustrating one.

I just ordered some heli tape type stuff from wheelies. Emailed me with expected date into warehouse and dispatch date to me. Seem ok so far. No experience of tredz or Halfords though

Top Bottom