New bike - Cooper T200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's actually not a bad bike and it's got some nice retro kit on it, 'course to make it really classy bin the gears and make it into a fixed or at the very least a single speed [you could have both with a flip flop hub].

OP
OP
C

CarnageAX

totallyfixed said:
That's actually not a bad bike and it's got some nice retro kit on it, 'course to make it really classy bin the gears and make it into a fixed or at the very least a single speed [you could have both with a flip flop hub].

Bit hilly for that round here, seems to be a good compromise for style vs. function.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Looks interesting and fun, nice spec. I like 531 frames too and Hubs are a sensible choice. I'd have to change the bars and brake levers though, they look fine, but too impractical for my liking.
Something different at least, plough your own furrow, who knows, like fixed it might catch-on one day!

bauldbairn

CarnageAX said:
Hey, thinking about getting this bike through the C2W scheme. I'll be riding it around town and to work and back, no more than 20 miles per ride.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Cooper_T200_Reims_2010/5360047080/

What do you think? Should get it for about £500 after discount.

Nice retro look bike. :wacko:

There was a Competition to win a T200 Monza in the Daily Record(Scottish Newspaper) today, flat bars, flip flop rear hub. I've left the paper at work - will post a link tomorrow.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I thought Reynolds had stopped making 531?

Sturmey 5 speed hub on something "inspired" by lightweight "racing" bike?
<Shudder>

I LOVE 531 framed bikes and if the frame material has really been resurrected that's great, but the rest of the spec? No! Even at £500 I would avoid.

If it's too hilly for fixed then I doubt the Sturmey will give you anything like a wide enough range of gears.

Top Bottom