New bike day is closing in!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
You're not wrong there :laugh: We all know what a pickle some people get in when they see Shimano on an italian bike, let alone silly coloured English bits :wacko::laugh:

I'll tell you what though, it's already making me happy :okay::laugh:
My Bianchi has Ultegra and is even more Matte Black than yours but with a few Celesté bits. Wait until you hear the cogs turning by fitting Campagnolo wheels mated with Shimano groupset. Blows their minds completely. :smile:

Good to hear that you’ve got the warm glow now that you’ve seen it. The only thing that comes close is when you ride it and it confirms your suspicions...and you’re hooked!

Elysian_Roads

I couldn't resist... In fact on arrival I was shown a closed box in the corner and positively encouraged to tear it open :laugh:

View attachment 414579

Despite overwhelming temptating I didn't take it out of the box in the middle of the shop, there's not a great deal of space in there and there were a lot of other customers milling around :laugh: I'm expecting them to contact me early next week when they've got it ready for fitting and collection ^_^ I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's been brightened up a bit by the anodised orange bits :laugh:
Just checked the calendar, as thought I had slept through the summer and it was the 25th December..... :laugh:. Seriously, can't wait to see the photos of it completed :okay:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Haha thanks, I'm rather looking forward to seeing it too :laugh: I've got a 50 mile sportive next Sunday and a 70 the following week so I'm hoping to get a few rides in before then to give it a bit of a shakedown :okay: It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Roubaix on the longer rides.

I've ordered an aeroclam saddle bag thing to try out on it too, see if they live up to the reviews :laugh:

bpsmith

Veteran
Aeroclam looks interesting. I am a Silca kid though, so can’t recommend the Premio Boa tool roll or the Eolo Wallet enough. Both excellent kit.

Prefer the Eolo in jersey pocket if I am honest. Bike looks nicer then.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've got a little kit that I carry in my pocket which I'll go back to if I don't get on with the aeroclam, figured it was worth a punt :okay:

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
It's here and it's all I dreamt it would be and more :okay: They had problems with the brakes, they're a little spongy and the bite point is way off on the rear but I've got it to ride around for the weekend and it'll go back in for fine tuning next week :becool: They already seem to work better than the (very good) SRAM discs I've got on the Roubaix so once they sponginess is gone and the bite point is right they should be superb :okay: There's very little clearance between caliper and spokes on the front, but the Ultegra caliper was similar so I'm not overly concerned.

I think the orange bits look stunning, some will probably disagree but I think my gamble has paid off :wub::wub::wub: The Aria was a lovely bike to look at, but this thing is something else... I've got a bit more fettling to do but hope to take it out for a quick spin tomorrow to check it over before Sundays sportive.

20180622_170919.jpg

20180622_170948.jpg

20180622_171053.jpg

20180622_171415.jpg

20180622_171554.jpg

Serge

Über Member
It's here and it's all I dreamt it would be and more :okay: They had problems with the brakes, they're a little spongy and the bite point is way off on the rear but I've got it to ride around for the weekend and it'll go back in for fine tuning next week :becool: They already seem to work better than the (very good) SRAM discs I've got on the Roubaix so once they sponginess is gone and the bite point is right they should be superb :okay: There's very little clearance between caliper and spokes on the front, but the Ultegra caliper was similar so I'm not overly concerned.

I think the orange bits look stunning, some will probably disagree but I think my gamble has paid off :wub::wub::wub: The Aria was a lovely bike to look at, but this thing is something else... I've got a bit more fettling to do but hope to take it out for a quick spin tomorrow to check it over before Sundays sportive.

View attachment 415577
View attachment 415579
View attachment 415580

View attachment 415581
View attachment 415582
Absolutely class looking thing, even better than I imagined it'd look. Just needs a couple of orange water bottles to finish it off now!

Excellent job fella.

Dbt

That looks amazing. I love the orange Calipers, even tho I hate orange as a colour, but they look fab. You must be well chuffed with it.

Top Bottom