New Bike Day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
I specifically did not want mudguards. I hate them on road bikes. This is a summer bike to ridden in dry weather only. I have winter bike with mudguards installed.

I couldn't swing a winter bike plus a summer bike past my wife. She wasn't entirely happy that I was spending over £2000 last year on the one bike I have.

So mine gets ridden all year round, in all weathers (except actual ice on the road), including a commute of 15 miles each way ( normally twice a week).

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
My LBS only charged me £10 to install the new rotors, cassette and tyres on the new wheels. Always receive excellent service from John Geddes, Widnes.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How the pedals look is one thing that would never bother me if I found them comfortable and easy to clip in and out of.

When you're riding no one can see what type you've got.
I've got some on my CAADX. It isn't so much what they look like (although I think they do look clunky, especially on a sleek, expensive Colnago!), more that they don't really seem to be an improvement over the smaller, cheaper and lighter M520s.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
I went for the maiden ride this morning. Really nice weather for it in my parts too.

Wow! An amazing ride. Really happy with it. Noticeable faster on climbs. There is a section of road near where I live which is unusually smooth like billiard table and it really flies down it!

Will go for another ride tomorrow morning. Better make the most of the unexpected Bank Holiday weekend.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've got some on my CAADX. It isn't so much what they look like (although I think they do look clunky, especially on a sleek, expensive Colnago!), more that they don't really seem to be an improvement over the smaller, cheaper and lighter M520s.

The larger pedal gives a bit more foot support and avoids the dreaded hot spot.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
The reason I have the ME700's is because I have them on my Cannondale Synapse and also my NordicTrack S22i exercise bike. I went through trying a few different Shimano SPD pedals and settled on these ones as they are perfect for me. Although, I wish they were easier to adjust the tension so that all four sides match perfectly.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I specifically did not want mudguards. I hate them on road bikes. This is a summer bike to ridden in dry weather only. I have winter bike with mudguards installed.

How posh 😂

ColinJ

The larger pedal gives a bit more foot support and avoids the dreaded hot spot.
I know that is the thinking behind them, but...

I used to suffer from that problem years ago but eventually it went away despite me switching to smaller pedals. I think that the stiffness of the cycling shoe's sole makes much more difference.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision

I actually ordered another pair of the ME700 to replace the M520 on my Cannondale Synapse just before you posted this. Each onto their own.

ColinJ

I actually ordered another pair of the ME700 to replace the M520 on my Cannondale Synapse just before you posted this. Each onto their own.
Indeed!

The pedals on my CAADX are the M530.

The bike is currently out of action, awaiting a replacement fork (there is a safety recall notice on the old fork). Once that has been done I might see if anybody fancies swapping the M530s for a pair of M520s.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
I have Amazon Prime but Tredz are usually cheaper for cycling gear as they offer £5 discount with every order. I know the guy that was head of IT at Tredz as he's into another hobby that I am into as well.

I tried to cancel an order I placed with Tredz an hour after I placed it and they said it was too late its already been sent to the warehouse. But my orders seem to take a week to arrive. They used to take around 2-3 days. Also I'm still waiting for a refund for an item I returned 12 days ago. CRC are really slow with refunds too these days.

No Haribos from either for my last few orders.

Top Bottom