New Bike Day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I work 25 miles away!
So that’s just an hour on that bike then :smile:. Any less and Ernesto would be disappointed with you.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I like the bike, except for those pedals... :whistle:

I hope that your workplace has the world's most secure bike storage because that will be a big temptation to bike thieves! (I have never got over the trauma of having my bike stolen from my school bike shed.)

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
I like the bike, except for those pedals... :whistle:

I hope that your workplace has the world's most secure bike storage because that will be a big temptation to bike thieves! (I have never got over the trauma of having my bike stolen from my school bike shed.)

What's wrong with the pedals?

I'm not using it to commute to work! I could think of anything worse for so many reasons.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What's wrong with the pedals?
Nice sleek bike, big chunky pedals!

I have similar ones on my 11 kg CX bike and they feel a bit heavy even on that. If I had a nice lightweight bike like that, I would want skinny pedals on it.

I'm not using it to commute to work! I could think of anything worse for so many reasons.
Ah, I misinterpreted the response to @vickster's remark about commuting. I thought you meant that you needed a fast bike because it is a long commute, not that it is too far to commute.

Anyway, enjoy the bike.

And don't leave it unattended anywhere for even 15 seconds!

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Nice sleek bike, big chunky pedals!

I have similar ones on my 11 kg CX bike and they feel a bit heavy even on that. If I had a nice lightweight bike like that, I would want skinny pedals on it.

Ah, I misinterpreted the response to @vickster's remark about commuting. I thought you meant that you needed a fast bike because it is a long commute, not that it is too far to commute.

Anyway, enjoy the bike.

And don't leave it unattended anywhere for even 15 seconds!

I never leave my bike unattended anywhere period. My bike is always within an arm's length when I stop for a break.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
What a lovely bike, much envy here !

Even though many on here would say; Carbon explodes if you look at it wrong, no one needs that many gears, disk brakes ruin road bikes, where are the rack mounts and no one needs to spend that much. :laugh:

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
What a lovely bike, much envy here !

Even though many on here would say; Carbon explodes if you look at it wrong, no one needs that many gears, disk brakes ruin road bikes, where are the rack mounts and no one needs to spend that much. :laugh:

The response I normally get from non-cyclist friends is,

"You could have bought a car for that."

To which I reply I wouldn't be seen driving a car that costs £xxxx (however much the bike costs).

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
Very nice looking bike.

I have a carbon framed Cube BTW, and it hasn't exploded in spite of a pretty big crash back in March.

The only thing I'd want that yours doesn't seem to have is the ability to fit mudguards.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Very nice looking bike.

I have a carbon framed Cube BTW, and it hasn't exploded in spite of a pretty big crash back in March.

The only thing I'd want that yours doesn't seem to have is the ability to fit mudguards.

I specifically did not want mudguards. I hate them on road bikes. This is a summer bike to ridden in dry weather only. I have winter bike with mudguards installed.

Top Bottom