Post a photo of your handlebar real estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
What Garmin thing? I think you're referring to the VIRB action camera?

Johnno260

Veteran
E0C3F1D1-5020-491A-9C1E-8C0FBA6961BD.jpeg
0A0EDD09-92AA-428C-9B43-91079EFAEC67.jpeg
Mines simple, I can’t stand too much on the bars.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why do you need the phone and the garmin? And why do you need three lights if that's what all those are? I feel a bit sorry for any peds, cyclists and motorists who get blinded when they come towards you if you use all three at once especiallynas they don't look to be pointing downwards?! Or do you only ride off road in pitch dark?
And what's the round thing?
Just as well you don't have a road bike, you'd never fit it all on!! And it must all add a couple of kgs in weight!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Phone for emergencies. Garmin for Navigation. I also use my phone for Google Maps in cases when I take a wrong turning.
Round thing is remote control for the Garmin.

I use the Strada Exposure 1200 mostly as a backup light but I have all 3 switched on when cycling down dark secluded B country lanes. I cycle alone and the extra lighting gives me reassurance.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you think my setup is a daft. I saw a lady cycling with one of these on my last ride:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Portable-Bluetooth-Shockproof-Dustproof-Black/dp/B01HI1908Q

View attachment 445070

blaring out terrible R&B music. She came up from behind me and overtook me, scaring me in the process.
Maybe you should add some mirrors too so you can see what’s coming behind you...sure you can shoehorn them onto the bars somehow :laugh:

If it was that loud though, how come you couldn’t hear her until close enough to startle you?

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
If you think my setup is a daft. I saw a lady cycling with one of these on my last ride:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Portable-Bluetooth-Shockproof-Dustproof-Black/dp/B01HI1908Q

View attachment 445070

blaring out terrible R&B music. She came up from behind me and overtook me, scaring me in the process.

Not daft in my opinion, but interesting judgement. Have you tried it? Method used by one of the U.K.’s top Audax cyclists (Andy Curran) and I tried it out over two long, back to back rides recently. It really made my world go round. A few podcasts and some music got me through the long draggy bits and out the other side of hanger and fatigue.

And you know what? No one was harmed in the process.

For the night riding, I recommend ‘Nocturne’ an American podcast for all things nightly.

Attachments

• 024EB1B5-39D0-419B-B759-2BE312003438.jpeg
    024EB1B5-39D0-419B-B759-2BE312003438.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 1665C912-1645-4AFA-AC78-1EF2B28D5740.jpeg
    1665C912-1645-4AFA-AC78-1EF2B28D5740.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom