Post a photo of your handlebar real estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Co2 canisters are hardly rocket science to use. I still carry a pump, attached to the bike obvs, to put the first bit of air in the tube.
Never used one, it was as he was trying to inflate the tyre, not sure what went wrong, good old fashioned pump for me!
Edit, then we used the pump to do the job properly!

clid61

Veteran
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(2).jpg

Lonestar

Veteran
Never used one, it was as he was trying to inflate the tyre, not sure what went wrong, good old fashioned pump for me!
Edit, then we used the pump to do the job properly!

I did this once and the pump disintegrated.I think you can guess the rest.Never put me off though.I now carry two mini pumps.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get the ones that come with a case

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Shame, you may not know what you are missing. 700c flat to well inflated in about a second. But I can understand you not wanting to use one if you find them complicated.
Mate, I'm happy with my pumps thanks, I don't feel the need to go gas.
I've never used one or owned one so how do I know whether or not they are complicated.

bikeman66

Shame, you may not know what you are missing. 700c flat to well inflated in about a second. But I can understand you not wanting to use one if you find them complicated.
Have to say........ The novelty of inflating a tyre in an instant, with approximately 1000th of the energy required to do it by hand, is still right up there for me! The first time I used a co2 cartridge.........and ended up with my fingers stuck to it, was the only time I needed reminding to make sure I kept the cycling gloves on through the massively joyous inflation process.

si_c

Guru
Have to say........ The novelty of inflating a tyre in an instant, with approximately 1000th of the energy required to do it by hand, is still right up there for me! The first time I used a co2 cartridge.........and ended up with my fingers stuck to it, was the only time I needed reminding to make sure I kept the cycling gloves on through the massively joyous inflation process.
Wrap a bit of inner tube around, no problems then.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
A guy tried to use co2 the other day on a ride and gave himself a massive blister where the really cold canister touched his finger! So I'll not be using one of them!
Which is why most co2 pumps are either have a screw on sleeve or a foam/rubber boot to slide over. He deserved it for being a bit thick imo

Top Bottom