Post a photo of your handlebar real estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Garmin 80 on stem, a lezyne micro light if riding at night, cross levers

No more room on 38cm bars ;)

image.jpg

Citius

I'm beginner to cycling and I'm always interested in what people have on their handlebars as people have differing views on what is a priority. I'm a gadget fiend and no doubt I've probably gone a bit OTT!

Here's a pic of my handlebar:

IMG_1538.jpg

L to R:

Moon XP 780 front light
Garmin VIRB actioncam
Garmin Edge 810 GPS cycle computer
CateyeStrada Slim Universal cycle Computer
Samsung Galaxy S5 in a Topeak Smartphone 5" Drybag
Moon XP 780 front light

You're probably wondering why I effectively have 3 cycle computers! The Garmin I use for actual navigation, the Cateye is just for the odometer (I can't see very well at night) and the Samsung Galaxy S5 running Topeak Panobike for speed / cadence / duration. I dislike have to switch between screens on the Garmin. The phone does kind of stick out but I tend to mainly use it at night time.

Anyway please post a pic of your handlebar!

I'm guessing that's how you got your username...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm beginner to cycling and I'm always interested in what people have on their handlebars as people have differing views on what is a priority. I'm a gadget fiend and no doubt I've probably gone a bit OTT!

Here's a pic of my handlebar:

IMG_1538.jpg

L to R:

Moon XP 780 front light
Garmin VIRB actioncam
Garmin Edge 810 GPS cycle computer
CateyeStrada Slim Universal cycle Computer
Samsung Galaxy S5 in a Topeak Smartphone 5" Drybag
Moon XP 780 front light

You're probably wondering why I effectively have 3 cycle computers! The Garmin I use for actual navigation, the Cateye is just for the odometer (I can't see very well at night) and the Samsung Galaxy S5 running Topeak Panobike for speed / cadence / duration. I dislike have to switch between screens on the Garmin. The phone does kind of stick out but I tend to mainly use it at night time.

Anyway please post a pic of your handlebar!
Is one of those devices a pothole detector? You might need one because you certainly can't see much to the road just in front of your wheels.

Lights, etc, will work upside down and tucking them under the bars will unclutter your view of the way ahead.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 4117787, member: 9609"]what are the little lug things on the side of the hoods? some sort of thumb rest? i could imagine them being a bit of a nuisance.[/QUOTE]

Gear changers.

Jody

Stubborn git
^ :ohmy: That's an epic amount of lights Cubist

This is mine but without the dropper remote which normally sits next to the rear brake lever.
20160106_205036_zpsj2y6bzz3.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 4117787, member: 9609"]what are the little lug things on the side of the hoods? some sort of thumb rest? i could imagine them being a bit of a nuisance.[/QUOTE]
Oh, don't worry about them, they're a pro thing. All the top end groupsets have them :okay:

Tin Pot

Guru
I'm not sure you'd all be impressed with a picture of a light on some handlebars.

Do you also call it a "cockpit"? :P

Top Bottom