Post a photo of your handlebar real estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm beginner to cycling and I'm always interested in what people have on their handlebars as people have differing views on what is a priority. I'm a gadget fiend and no doubt I've probably gone a bit OTT!

Here's a pic of my handlebar:

IMG_1538.jpg

L to R:

Moon XP 780 front light
Garmin VIRB actioncam
Garmin Edge 810 GPS cycle computer
CateyeStrada Slim Universal cycle Computer
Samsung Galaxy S5 in a Topeak Smartphone 5" Drybag
Moon XP 780 front light

You're probably wondering why I effectively have 3 cycle computers! The Garmin I use for actual navigation, the Cateye is just for the odometer (I can't see very well at night) and the Samsung Galaxy S5 running Topeak Panobike for speed / cadence / duration. I dislike have to switch between screens on the Garmin. The phone does kind of stick out but I tend to mainly use it at night time.

Anyway please post a pic of your handlebar!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thats way too much info going on. Use the garmin to record and navigate and get rid of the phone and computer. Your phone wont survive a crash there.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Yeah I'll probably just end up keeping the phone in the Topeak drybag in my jacket pocket or triangular bag. It also looks out of place on the handlebar anyway because its so big. The phone is actually my old one which I kept as a backup - its not my normal everyday phone. I don't actually ever look at the Cateye when cycling and like you only look at the Garmin when it beeps.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
The Garmin VIRB actioncam is great. I've only used it once when I went on a ride last Saturday morning. Not tested it at night yet but wondering about how it performs on the dark myself.

Let us know what it`s like at night when you have tested it. I got a bullet type dash cam for the car, and it`s quite impressive at night providing there are street lights. Not much use on unlit roads though.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Yeah I'll upload a short clip on YouTube. I got the old version of the VIRB as the new one is not a bullet type and doesn't look right on a bike. The old version is also heavily discounted on Amazon.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm beginner to cycling and I'm always interested in what people have on their handlebars as people have differing views on what is a priority. I'm a gadget fiend and no doubt I've probably gone a bit OTT!

Here's a pic of my handlebar:

IMG_1538.jpg

L to R:

Moon XP 780 front light
Garmin VIRB actioncam
Garmin Edge 810 GPS cycle computer
CateyeStrada Slim Universal cycle Computer
Samsung Galaxy S5 in a Topeak Smartphone 5" Drybag
Moon XP 780 front light

You're probably wondering why I effectively have 3 cycle computers! The Garmin I use for actual navigation, the Cateye is just for the odometer (I can't see very well at night) and the Samsung Galaxy S5 running Topeak Panobike for speed / cadence / duration. I dislike have to switch between screens on the Garmin. The phone does kind of stick out but I tend to mainly use it at night time.

Anyway please post a pic of your handlebar!

Have you got a clamp-on bracket for the expresso machine?
BTW, the Cateye is a great bit of kit.

D

Deleted member 23692

Etrex attached usually
Virb attached sometimes
Lights attached rarely

2_zpsbl6wzy1x.jpg

I've this mount on both MTB and hybrid, but no camera option on the road bike.

image.jpeg

Left to right : Garmin ( it's gone now:smile:), little light thing from Decathlon, Halfords copy of a Lezyne Macro drive light, cycle computer from Aldi for front wheel, a bell ( you simply must have a bell ) another cheapo cycle comp, for the rear wheel, and a tension dial, for setting up the bike using a Turbo trainer.

Top Bottom