New bike delivered....Big problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Erm the Quill stem, if and when you get will most likely be the type you need to take one brake, gear lever (both okay to do) & a handlebar grip off - which can be bit of a pig...

I'm with the send it all bike back at the expense of the senders brigade

OP
OP
Chief Broom

Chief Broom

Veteran
Good choice of bike for the money.

Once you have what you judge to be all the bits, I'd be inclined to take it to a local (or not in your case) bike shop and ask them to build it.

By the by, I'm still confused about the front wheel.

It looks like a nutted axle to me, rather than a quick release.
Thats what i thought,,, ie the nuts were just done up to save losing them or so i thought. Nope theyre meant to be there and skewers go through the middle.

OP
OP
Chief Broom

Chief Broom

Veteran
Erm the Quill stem, if and when you get will most likely be the type you need to take one brake, gear lever (both okay to do) & a handlebar grip off - which can be bit of a pig...

I'm with the send it all bike back at the expense of the senders brigade
Its of the clamp variety so no need to remove anything...so at the moment will probably keep it. Its a case of weighing up hassle and deciding whats best.

midlife

Guru
If it was a bargain and cheap then try and get as much from the seller as possible and maybe think about a cheap stem from somewhere to get you riding it. Wrong way to think but maybe the devil you know as there may not be a lot out there to buy at the moment if you send it back.....

OP
OP
Chief Broom

Chief Broom

Veteran
Stem just arrived ^_^ and only just in time as i had decided that this life is just too much hassle and thought i would become a long bearded hermit and go live in a cave :laugh:

OP
OP
Chief Broom

Chief Broom

Veteran
Thought i would sum up my feelings on this **** up as now its resolved. ^_^ It shouldn't have happened a bike getting sent out with missing parts...in a perfect world that is. So i guess its about how E-Bikes direct and Dawes responded,,,,well they did jump to it and got it sorted. I never got to speak to Dawes but E-Bikes did keep me informed and did genuinely seem aggrieved this happened. So anyone thinking of buying from them shouldnt be put off by my experience which is probably a rarity and as companies go its seems to be a good one. So i'll be out riding on it as soon as the rain stops^_^

Top Bottom