New bike dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan151

I don't know which of these two to get. I will be doing coast to coast riding (I know there is a lot of road involved) but also going to be doing a lot of trails in the summer. Just wondering if anyone has rode either of these bikes and what they thought of them. The bikes in question are the boardman FS team and the boardman HT pro. Cheers

Globalti

Legendary Member
Without checking I'd assume that the FS is full suspension and the HT hardtail?

My own admittedly prejudiced view would be:

FS: heavier, less efficient on road, expensive to maintain and with more to go wrong especially in British mud and wet. Not to mention the risk of falling into the hands of Halfords "technicians" when repairs or a warranty claim are needed.

HT: lighter, far more efficient or road, less to go wrong, more bucks for your money, you don't really need rear suspension unless you are doing hardcore downhill stuff. Oh, and a hardtail can be shouldered and carried up mountains when you get bored with the hamster-cage trail centres and start doing some proper mountain biking.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Both. The hardtail for th coast to coast and Globalti's organic trails, and the FS for playing on. Learn to maintain it yourself.

OP
OP
Dan151

Dan151

I've just been looking at them on the halfords website. I'm looking to buy one this weekend or next. I'll have a proper look then. I could maintain the bike myself. I've been messing on with bikes since an early age and built a few too. Only just started wanting to go out and get lost just recently thought :smile:

Top Bottom