New bike(frame) time ;Ridley Kanzo Adventure custom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just delivered today my new Ridley Kanzo frameset;

Paint is custom option that Ridley do, (you can have a play here;https://www.ridley-bikes.com/customize-your-bike/#/)

Still some decisions to make(ie 1x or a front mech) but will have Ultegra RX di2,Halo wheels,some Hope and Genetic bits and dynamo; only thing left to get is a C=Bear pf86 bb.

Will be a while before it gets started as I still have to get the X-Trail built to use for commuting while I strip the LB Robinson for the bits for this.

Wil

What happened to that workshop? Did the cops raid it or something?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks the part.

I was in a bike shop the other day which had a marketing stand suggesting Trek offers custom paint, although I didn't investigate any further.

You have plenty of spokes in stock, do you build lots of wheels?

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
[QUOTE="Pale Rider, post: 5767634, member: 24609"

You have plenty of spokes in stock, do you build lots of wheels?
[/QUOTE]

Not me personally but 'we' can and have built all sorts of wheels.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Parts stripped off the Robinson to be cleaned and fitted to the Kanzo;external battery holder also stripped of cables and battery,also Hope carbon seatpost(out of shot) removed to go on and hold a Brooks Cambium saddle.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Lots of faffing with wiring but all connected now and routed through the frame.

Next job is to cut the carbon steerer and get the forks fitted and then route the hoses and fit the shifters.Can also then connect the shifters and test the Di2 before the C-Bear Pf-86 bb is fitted.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
More progress over the last few days.

Di2 all wired up and working, steerer cut and bars on plus cassette fitted.

Now waiting on Hope cranks,flat mount calipers,C-Bear bb and decide on chainrings.

Last pics taken before cables on bars were attatched properly;front hose is also now routed through the fork.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
That's a great looking piece of kit, looking forward to seeing it finished :okay:

Cheers.

Going to be a delay now as the Hope crankset will take longer to arrive than I hoped(:rolleyes:);still calipers will arrive in the next couple of days so can get them fitted and bled.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Few more pics.

Hope calipers now fitted and connected although not yet bled.

Still waiting on cranks from Hope before ordering bb and chainrings and to get the front dynamo fitted and wiring and lights sorted.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
More stuff arrived,sorted and fitted:smile:;

Hope RX crankset on (with temporary chainrings)

C-Bear ceramic PF-41 bb

Garmin mount with B&M light on with GoPro adapter.

"Cockpit' view;

'Climbing' switch

All Di2 set-up and updated,just the brakes to bleed and dynamo cabling to sort.

OP
OP
Elybazza61

Elybazza61

Guru
Almost there now.

Dynamo all connected and some tidying on cables(oh and some Hope decals:whistle:).

Quick test ride was good,just need to fine-tune the front mech.

Now just have to finish paying for it :wacko:.

Although I am still looking at Absolute Black oval chainrings,Brooks carbon railed Cambium saddle and Cambium bar tape :rolleyes:.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Same front light and hub I have on my commuter, still impressed with the light output! Out of interest why did you bar mount it rather than through the fork crown? No hole?

Top Bottom