New bike is here...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's your bike so put what ever pedals you want on it and don't worry about what anyone else say's or think. Clipless pedals are fine for long distance riding. Just make sure you have a good pair of cycling shoes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

told you pedals were confusing

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Ok, ok the pic will come but kitchen is galley style so I won't be able to comply with the pre-existing format 

I've heard that the SPD pedals are uncomfortable on long rides how do you helpful lot find them, and yes I'm full aware that it's an oxymoron asking you if something you recommend is comfortable as I don't think you'd recommend them if they weren't
. You've got a sofa haven't you .... That's the next best thing ....

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
IMAG0004_1.jpg
Pet pooch sleeping on the sofa

I've heard that the SPD pedals are uncomfortable on long rides how do you helpful lot find them, and yes I'm full aware that it's an oxymoron asking you if something you recommend is comfortable as I don't think you'd recommend them if they weren't

Have had no hassle with spd's or spd sl's.

I'd seriously consider trying some cheap sl's if I were you.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/shim...id57268.html?gclid=CJWVtZ2718MCFQ6WtAodHRQAfQ

I think I'm going for the above, just need to get down to James' and have a look, I know they're for mountain bikes but ah well
You can't go wrong with M520s...great pedals!

Steady

Über Member
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/shim...id57268.html?gclid=CJWVtZ2718MCFQ6WtAodHRQAfQ

I think I'm going for the above, just need to get down to James' and have a look, I know they're for mountain bikes but ah well

Got them on my road bike definitely a good pedal.

As a beginner to clipless my main struggle is getting use to clipping in so my biggest fear was not being able to pedal and cue falling over but I can testify I've peddled some distance unclipped whilst trying to clip in.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Be careful taking it out for the first ride, or you might generate some of the dreaded "new bike weather". :eek:
No wait... you lot have had "new bike weather" for months, haven't you? :laugh:

Top Bottom