New bike is here...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

Looks good. Unless that is your preferred hand position, I'd loosen off the stem bolts and rotate the handlebars so that the hoods are higher.

no, they're going to be adjusted once the pedals are on, didn't do it yesterday as the missus had jobs for me, which apparently she'd been telling me about for ages, then I had to visit family, eurgh!

Be careful taking it out for the first ride, or you might generate some of the dreaded "new bike weather". :eek:
No wait... you lot have had "new bike weather" for months, haven't you? :laugh:

new bike weather? you mean British weather, yeh I need to avoid that, particularly as I've been given permission to keep the bike indoors by using a ceiling winch thingy, it'll look lovely mounted on the stairway

OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

The pedals are on, my mate has just changed to cleats so he's given me his System EX ones with toe clips, free is better than paying, and it'll mean I've only got the skinny tyres, drops, and gear shifters to get used, rather than different pedals too

runner

Guru
Or it will be when I go collect it later.
She's a beaut, Merida Scultura Carbon Comp 904
Took the advice of many and avoided the c2w scheme and got myself a deal on last year's model

Now I face the quandary of pedals... And by the gods who made it so difficult to choose, I'm thinking clips as then I can wear whatever I want on my feet but a side of me says as it's a road bike and I'll only be using it for road rides and pleasure rather than commuting I should get something more made for the task... Argh!
always love seeing pictures of a spanking new road machine...and I am sure you will want to show it off!!

Top Bottom