New bike needed - upright ladies hybrid / step-over/ sit-up-and-beg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lutrinae

Regular
Hi,

I’m looking for an upright ladies hybrid, preferably a step-over with a sit-up-and-beg style of geometry as I personally find this the most comfortable riding position. Budget around £500ish (on some kind of finance scheme).

I live in a town which is hilly but so far my Dawes Diploma (2010) 3 speed has served me fine on all but the steepest of hills. However I’d love to find something with a slightly higher spec, a few more gears and maybe a bit more lightweight.

any recommendations?

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Genesis Columbia RD 8speed geared hub.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
have a look at Decthlon. They have a range of step through bikes that may offer something.
Cant speak of any of them directly, but the other Decthlon bikes I've had have all been good value.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
These are lovely, for a little more spend:
https://www.bikester.co.uk/kona-coco-sunset-orange-1002503.html

vickster

Legendary Member
All good then. In stock, in a sort of, well, out of stock way :laugh:
At the moment, 2-4 weeks is no wait at all. Most shops seem to have nothing on the stock floor nor can give any timescale (some simply say 'out of stock' as your link, some manufacturers are saying September for 2021 models only, and my LBS isn't optimistic even about that!)

It's a good time to sell a bike but not to buy one!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
At the moment, 2-4 weeks is no wait at all. Most shops seem to have nothing on the stock floor nor can give any timescale (some simply say 'out of stock' as your link, some manufacturers are saying September for 2021 models only, and my LBS isn't optimistic even about that!)

It's a good time to sell a bike but not to buy one!
I wonder how this outlet is able to get stock on these timelines when others are struggling so badly?

Top Bottom