New Bike = One Happy Man!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen-D

I cant see any pictures :sad: but if its light bar tape dont worry about it, mines is Very white to and i just clean it with a light dab of White spirit on a cloth and it comes back sparkling with no side effects. Clean, leave for 12 hours and your sorted., you gotta be careful you dont put to much on or you will weaken the glue. :smile:

OP
OP
JiMBR

JiMBR

tundragumski said:
is that a 58 or 61? looks nice; very nice

It's a 58.

OP
OP
JiMBR

JiMBR

Stephen-D said:
I cant see any pictures :rolleyes: but if its light bar tape dont worry about it, mines is Very white to and i just clean it with a light dab of White spirit on a cloth and it comes back sparkling with no side effects. Clean, leave for 12 hours and your sorted., you gotta be careful you dont put to much on or you will weaken the glue. :biggrin:

Nice one...I'll give that a try. :sad:

Coco

JiMBR said:
I'd really like to come to this one, but it's my wife's birthday on the 12th and we won't be in Glasgow.

Hmm...'Darling, how would you like to go cycling as an extra birthday present?' :ohmy:

You're just not selling it properly.

Fancy going for a run in the country to a little Italian restaurant I know...

e-rider

crappy member
JiMBR said:

It's a 58.

Great, just my size. Do you leave it in a shed, and if so what's your address? :biggrin:

I'm not keen on the white saddle and tape trend of the last 4 or so years - I prefer black; which I'm sure will come back into trend soon enough! Much more practical and stealthy. My Focus Cayo came with white so had to buy new saddle and tape but looks great now; however showed my brother and his first comment was "would look better if it came with a white saddle and white handlebar tape" :biggrin:

tundragumski said:
Great, just my size. Do you leave it in a shed, and if so what's your address? :thumbsup:

It's a red brick flat somewhere in the west end of Glasgow. Can't be hard to find.....:sad:;):biggrin:

OP
OP
JiMBR

JiMBR

magnatom said:
It's a red brick flat somewhere in the west end of Glasgow. Can't be hard to find.....:tongue:;):angry:

Not a million miles away from a section of Mr Magnatom's commute...I must keep an eye out for shifty looking cyclists. :biggrin:;)

Coco

JiMBR said:
Not a million miles away from a section of Mr Magnatom's commute...I must keep an eye ear out for shifty looking sounding cyclists. :tongue:;)

Fixed that for you.

OP
OP
JiMBR

JiMBR

Biscuit said:
Those Zertz inserts in the seat stay and forks have got my interest.
Do they make your ride noticably smoother??

The honest answer is maybe. :angry:

I don't really have anything to compare it to, as this is my first road bike.
I will say that it has coped well so far with the condition of the roads here, which are appalling.

I've also ridden it on a long cobbled road (it is a Roubaix after all :tongue:) and I still have all my fillings!

Top Bottom