New bike ordered today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
Thank you! I'll update this thread when (if)! It arrives.
Me too :okay:

simon.r

Person
This is my current Pashley, a 22.5", which I've had to put a longer than standard seat post on, so I'm going for the full on sit up and beg style with the next size up.

image.jpeg

simon.r

Person
Mine arrived earlier today, as promised. I've unboxed it, set the saddle height and ridden 100yds up the road. Further tweaking and test riding will have to wait until later this week due to work pressures:sad:

Initial impressions are fantastic, truly "A whale amongst minnows" as Pashley's advertising blurb has it! 28" wheels, 24 1/2" frame, drum brakes and 8 speed hub gears. And a massive and extremely loud 'ding-dong' bell^_^

I think that when I've adjusted the stem and bars this will be the first bike I've ever owned in my adult life where the bars are higher than the saddle^_^

image.jpeg

How are you getting on with yours @Mrs M ?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Initial impressions are fantastic, truly "A whale amongst minnows" as Pashley's advertising blurb has it!
A lovely bike but I still prefer the Dutchie's rear rack ;)

simon.r

Person
A lovely bike but I still prefer the Dutchie's rear rack ;)

I was talking to someone recently who'd replaced the standard Pashley rack with a Tubus one - with various modifications to make it fit.

Having said that, the original works for me at the moment, with simple throw-over panniers. I hope and expect this will be a long term bike, so I'll have plenty of time to tweak things as and when they cause issues or I think they can be improved.

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
Mine arrived earlier today, as promised. I've unboxed it, set the saddle height and ridden 100yds up the road. Further tweaking and test riding will have to wait until later this week due to work pressures:sad:

Initial impressions are fantastic, truly "A whale amongst minnows" as Pashley's advertising blurb has it! 28" wheels, 24 1/2" frame, drum brakes and 8 speed hub gears. And a massive and extremely loud 'ding-dong' bell^_^

I think that when I've adjusted the stem and bars this will be the first bike I've ever owned in my adult life where the bars are higher than the saddle^_^

View attachment 116291

Wow, very smart indeed, you sound well chuffed :smile:.
Had a wee test ride on Saturday, a few minor adjustments and now ready for an epic journey :laugh:.
I absolutely love "Gloria" :wub:
Rode past a little girl on Saturday and heard her say "mum, mum, look, cooool, (made me smile).
Have fun!

View attachment 116291

Top Bottom