New bike ordered today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Almost certainly true - Pashleys are known to be a bit lardy.
That seems true. My Dutchie is 18kg while its Pashley equivalent is 24 IIRC.

In my experience, you only really feel the weight when accelerating. Good wide tyre choice can mitigate the few kg of extra drag... so how much slower it actually is depends on how stop-start the trip is and how much extra luggage is on it. A half inch pipe rack will carry lots more than a wire road bike one.

simon.r

Person
This one is £575. I ordered it over the phone but Halfords still gave me their £40 web discount, pleased about that :smile:

Just a thought - British Cycling members get 10% discount at Halfords, so it'd pay you to join if you're not already a member. Membership starts at £20.

I tried to order mine from Halfords when they had £60 off a £600 spend plus the 10% BC discount, but after a visit and 2 phone calls with no reply I gave up:sad:

....a big thumbs up Mrs M, love those cruiser style bikes. Colour scheme looks real funky - should brighten up those dull winter days for sure.

Building one in stainless is on my to-do list. Got it all figured out in my head......a New Year's resolution you might say..............

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
Just a thought - British Cycling members get 10% discount at Halfords, so it'd pay you to join if you're not already a member. Membership starts at £20.

I tried to order mine from Halfords when they had £60 off a £600 spend plus the 10% BC discount, but after a visit and 2 phone calls with no reply I gave up:sad:
I tried to order mine from another well known store but they obviously didn't want my order so went to Halfords, got great service and a discount :smile:

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
Alas, it was all too easy :sad:.
Halfords have cancelled my order because they can't get the bike :thumbsdown:
Called orignal store who didn't return my call as had taken down wrong tel no. (I'll let them off if they get me a bike) :smile:
Anyway hoping to get eta tomorrow and maybe have bike a bit sooner.
Downside is now no discount, never mind.
She will be mine :bicycle:

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
:dance: at least they messed up now and not after getting the bike!

May the rest of it roll smoothly and keep the rubber side down!
TBH I was just waiting for a foul up.
Here's hoping all goes well from now on :okay:

simon.r

Person
Sorry to hear that.

I don't understand the relationship between Pashley and their dealers. The bike I've ordered is a new model, but is clearly shown on the Pashley website. Evans said they couldn't get a 'non-standard' bike and as mentioned previously, Halfords just didn't respond to my calls.

Eventually ordered from Tredz, who I've had good service from in the past. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
Sorry to hear that.

I don't understand the relationship between Pashley and their dealers. The bike I've ordered is a new model, but is clearly shown on the Pashley website. Evans said they couldn't get a 'non-standard' bike and as mentioned previously, Halfords just didn't respond to my calls.

Eventually ordered from Tredz, who I've had good service from in the past. Fingers crossed.
What have you gone for?

Top Bottom