New bike ordered today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
<pedant>Pedersen, not Pederson.</pedant>

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
I took the plunge and bought a secondhand 3 speed Roadster a couple of months ago. I use it for local trips to the shops and so on and just love the ride and the fact I can just get on and go. The only thing I don't like is the limited gearing. It's a heavy lump and getting up anything that resembles a hill is hard work and the fact that I ride it in normal clothing and don't want to be sweaty when I get where I'm going means I'm limited to quite short distances.

So I've got an 8 speed Roadster on order, which will, I hope, make longer journeys practical.
:smile: I also just wanted something I could just get on and go, this has five gears.
I'm thinking that after riding this the road bike will feel really light and fast, hopefully.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
That's a lovely looking bike. I hope you have fun once it arrives. Well done. Getting a new bike is always exciting.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:smile: I also just wanted something I could just get on and go, this has five gears.
I'm thinking that after riding this the road bike will feel really light and fast, hopefully.
Oh yes, it surely will!
Enjoy your new ride @Mrs M: I had a (bright red :wub:) Paper Bike for a few years, single speed, hard work it was, but I miss having a talk of the town bike :girl:
Sadly I had to put the poor thing into retirement, as it turned into a rust bucket :laugh:

simon.r

Person

It is fantastic not to have to 'dress up'! I work at home quite often and find myself making excuses to nip to the shops at lunchtime^_^

And yes, the difference in weight is very noticeable compared to a 'racer'.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Edit; just googled it, lot of money for a bike that imo has limited gearing so therefore limited use .
[Expletives deleted] is it! The range isn't great but if it's too high then lowering it slightly is a fairly simple operation (and a new chain). You'll always be walking up most Alps with one, but most places aren't that hilly. In return, the drivetrain is more efficient and less needy than most derailleurs most of the time.

That said, it does seem you pay more for Pashley than European competitors of similar spec.

Top Bottom