New bike ordered.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyR

Excellent! Is it you N+1? :tongue:

Kbrook

Veteran
I have a Giant Defy 3 as my winter bike. Really great comfy bike. The only thing that lets it down are the wheels, really heavy and slow or at least mine were. . So maybe your first job will be to buy a cheap replacement set such as shimano 500/501 for £60. Enjoy, let us know when you get your second road bike.

Kbrook

Veteran
I have a Giant Defy 3 as my winter bike. Really great comfy bike. The only thing that lets it down are the wheels, really heavy and slow or at least mine were. . So maybe your first job will be to buy a cheap replacement set such as shimano 500/501 for £60. Enjoy, let us know when you get your second road bike.

OP
OP
Garry A

Garry A

Calibrating.....
I'm sure the wheels will be lighter than the ones on my hybrid, they will do till worn.
Second road bike??? Shhh the wife will hear.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Cracking looking bike! I shall watch out for you whizzing by me :laugh:

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
Guilty as charged.... Second bike lol you will be on your second and third and then fourth before you know it....
I just took ownership of Fuji Track (4th bike) , thinking of doing some track cycling. The wife is not happy.

Cyclist33

Strange that. Mine weighed in at 2000 grams, the r501s are 1884 grams officially so possibly a tad heavier in reality, so not really a big difference.

The giant tyres were not the quickest or lightest though. Although they had quite a sticky, grippy rubber which probably explained why they feel "slow".

It's not a slow bike in the stock build though!!

OP
OP
Garry A

Garry A

Calibrating.....
I'm on a Giant Roam hybrid with 35mm marathon tyres at the moment so the Defy will be like lightening whatever the wheels weigh :okay:

Isn't it Tuesday yet....

Guilty as charged.... Second bike lol you will be on your second and third and then fourth before you know it....
I just took ownership of Fuji Track (4th bike) , thinking of doing some track cycling. The wife is not happy.

Women have no right to complain. Im sure similar logic is used when the wife goes "shopping!". Argue this point next time if you dare.

OP
OP
Garry A

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Is it wrong that I'm more excited about collecting my new bike today than I am about this years holiday, or anything else tbh? :-D

Top Bottom