New bike ordered!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
Very nice, fantastic looking machine.
it reminds me of my Mum's old puch moped, that had its fuel tank in the "downtube". Its likely to be quicker than the Puch though - you still had to pedal that to get it up steep hills!!

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
Arrived a day earlier than expected!
Size is almost perfect, saddle at lowest position is spot on, wee bit longer reach than my previous road bike and big changes too.
Just a wee spin around the block before tea, feels much lighter than Mr M’s hybrid e bike, stepped on the pedals and almost shot off like a rocket :ohmy:
Will get to know this bike slowly, not ridden a road bike for a while but first impressions are good.
Just need to decide on the pimping colours as quite neutral.
Mr M wants the seat post dawn down so he can ride it too.

Slick

Guru
Size is almost perfect, saddle at lowest position is spot on, wee bit longer reach than my previous road bike and big changes too.
Just a wee spin around the block before tea, feels much lighter than Mr M’s hybrid e bike, stepped on the pedals and almost shot off like a rocket :ohmy:
Will get to know this bike slowly, not ridden a road bike for a while but first impressions are good.
View attachment 579265

View attachment 579266
Oooo, nice. :okay:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
View attachment 579265

View attachment 579266
Well jel! Looks gorgeous, please don't pimp it too much. Stealth is the way forward :okay:

davelincs

View attachment 579265

View attachment 579266

very nice indeed, new bike days are the best days 😀

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The bike uses Giant's Syncdrive motor, which is a rebadged version of the Yamaha crank drive motor.

Worth knowing, in case you need a spare spart Giant can't supply, anyone who deals with the Yamaha motor may be able to help.

Not that I'm expecting you to need any spare parts anytime soon.

The Yamaha motor/battery seems as reliable as any, and arguable more reliable than some of the cheaper Chinese stuff.

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
Been out over the weekend :bicycle:
Really do like this bike, put the saddle forward a wee touch and now a close to perfect fit.
Excelerates really fast :ohmy: and tackled any hill with ease. Only annoying thing is after we’ve zoomed away and got up speed the assist cuts off, almost like a horse galloping off then suddenly being reined in. Maybe my fault and need to use the gears and levels of assist more smoothly. This should get better as I ride the bike more, hopefully. I enjoy all my 3 bikes in different ways but this is very special, love it! :wub:

D

Deleted member 26715

How many assist settings are there, does it still feel the same on the lowest setting?

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
How many assist settings are there, does it still feel the same on the lowest setting?
Lowest setting is Eco which is ok for trundling about, then there’s basic, active, sport and power.
Active is fine for hills and sport gives a wee “turbo boost”. Haven’t dared try power yet :ohmy:

D

Deleted member 26715

Lowest setting is Eco which is ok for trundling about, then there’s basic, active, sport and power.
Active is fine for hills and sport gives a wee “turbo boost”. Haven’t dared try power yet :ohmy:
Still only gets you to 15mph, just a but quicker & fun for going up hills

Top Bottom