New bike problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Just recieved my new Dolan Mythos. Awfully put together Different valve lengths on tubes no valve anchors or dust caps bottle cage bolts etc.

There s one particular problem I hope someone can help me with.Its got a Campag. Veloce groupset which Ive never used before. The right hand shifter. The brake lever is releasing to far leaving alarge gap between it and the mech shifter, Ive had a quick look at the cable anchors, and, this one is seated inside the anchor barrel whilst on the left lever (which releases to the correct position ) it is sitting proud. I think it might be an incorrect inner cable but I m not sure.

Has anybody got any ideas before I pull it apart?:biggrin:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Send the bike back and tell them to sort it out.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I suspect this is down to the quick release, which is on the brake lever for Campag.
Look on the brake lever in question - up near the top, you'll see a small pin sticking out of one side of the lever. Push it till it sticks out of the other side. That should fix it.

Mr Pig

Not trying to rub it in but this is the main reason for not buying bikes over the internet. Everyone buys bikes on line, the local bike shops go out of business, then when you have an issue with your internet bike you've got no where to take it. Of if you do take it to a local bike shop their less than jubilant and being asked to fix an internet bike so charge you much pounds for it.

Just something to think about next time around.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Mr Pig said:
Not trying to rub it in but this is the main reason for not buying bikes over the internet. Everyone buys bikes on line, the local bike shops go out of business, then when you have an issue with your internet bike you've got no where to take it. Of if you do take it to a local bike shop their less than jubilant and being asked to fix an internet bike so charge you much pounds for it.

Just something to think about next time around.

Not easy for me nearest lbs is twenty odd miles away and their lines are very ltd. Don t have much choice, Sorry.

Mr Pig

lukesdad said:
Not easy for me nearest lbs is twenty odd miles away and their lines are very ltd. Don t have much choice, Sorry.

I'm not too bad as Glasgow is thirteen miles away and has a few big bike shops. However, when I couldn't find a dealer in Glasgow who had what I wanted to look at I drove to Stirling. Edinburgh is over thirty miles away and I'd go there to buy stuff too.

My current bike had loads of niggles and I was back to the shop about six times. It would've been a complete nightmare if I'd bought it over the net. That's why I'll never do it. Almost did though. I actually ordered a bike from an internet shop, thought about the implications and cancelled it the next day.

Top Bottom