New bike putting me in agony

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have thats why i got the same stem length as the geometry had the same measurements.
the standover height is just right too, the issue is its a one bolt seatpost so when i put the saddle back to the extreme it just pivots when weight is put on it even with carbon paste, its a very poor design. If its comfier sitting back in the saddle to stretch my arms out do you think its worth getting a 140mm stem? The bartape is specialized s wrap anti vibration and its like holding onto concrete! So that dosent help either
Can you borrow a lay-back seatpost for a check?

Fab Foodie

But you made a note of the measurements of your previous road bike, so you could set up your new bike the same, right?
The key measurement that few people take is the position of the saddle relative to the BB when measured vertically tho'but.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
There's no chance of me shelling that out on a seatpost if it was a 'I need to change it' sort if thing id sell the bike, here's some photos of the saddle at the extreme rear position I think my knee is okay, sorry for the rubbish photos and the baggy top but it's the only angle I could get ( i didnt put the puc off stickers on lol!)
image.jpg

image.jpg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You look way to far forward and up to me - knee looks ok, but looks like your toppling forward and your arms, shoulders, neck are taking all your weight.....

Saddle down and back may sort the issue, but it looks like you need a layback seatpost

The frame also looks to small

Fab Foodie

There's no chance of me shelling that out on a seatpost if it was a 'I need to change it' sort if thing id sell the bike, here's some photos of the saddle at the extreme rear position I think my knee is okay, sorry for the rubbish photos and the baggy top but it's the only angle I could get ( i didnt put the puc off stickers on lol!)
View attachment 79398
View attachment 79399
To me that just looks like a bike that is too small.
However, forget the knee bit, that's tosh IMO:
http://sheldonbrown.com/kops.html
You look a bit cramped to me. To have a longer stem you'll need to sit further back to counterbalance and you can't do that without a layback post.

Citius

Your saddle looks a fair bit too low - maybe could go up 2cm, which would make a big difference to the overall feel.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Thats what i though, i feel too far forward, and upright, but at the same time i feel my bars are too lowthink i ll give it a few weeks and if theres no improvement than ill sell it on!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Your saddle looks a fair bit too low - maybe could go up 2cm, which would make a big difference to the overall feel.
Mutst admit i did move it up 1.5 cm after seeing the bottom photo but it felt great on the bike so ill take it out tommorrow and see

Top Bottom