New bike Spec Secteur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macp

Guru
Just bought a Specialized Secteur and picked it up today.Had a brief ride on it and its surprisingly comfortable.Rides very differently to my Apollo MTB in that the bars seem to sway from side to side which im guessing is the geometry and its relative lightweight.The rack is a Tortec Velocity and wondered if I should have gone for the Black version but I think it looks ok.

dvrhh4.jpg

bauldbairn

Very nice macp :biggrin: - I do believe there is a "Secteur" club on this very forum.

Norm

Lovely ride, there.

There are a few of us Secteurites on here, yes. Potsy is yer maun for the invitations, I think.

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Cheers Norm have joined up.

Well happened to drop into a bike shop in Chester on a family day out and noticed they had stock of the Altura Arran 36 panniers.Most bike shops have sold out of them so was chuffed to find them.Even managed to haggle the price down so here they are fitted and ready to go.Took a little bit of adjustment to stop my heels hitting them but I think ive got it sorted.

2n83cbl.jpg

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Interesting..... there's that different paint job thing again.....

I went for one of the topeak quick release racks so that I can take it off at the weekend.

SecteurAtJacks.jpg

potsy

Rambler
I've got a pair of those paniers too,decent for the money though they rarely get used now.May look into getting a rack for mine but quite like the idea of a seatpost one like Halo's so it can be easily removed,don't often need to carry much stuff around but would be ideal on the odd occasion.

chigman

macp said:
Just bought a Specialized Secteur and picked it up today.Had a brief ride on it and its surprisingly comfortable.Rides very differently to my Apollo MTB in that the bars seem to sway from side to side which im guessing is the geometry and its relative lightweight.The rack is a Tortec Velocity and wondered if I should have gone for the Black version but I think it looks ok.

dvrhh4.jpg

Nice tool-Enjoy

steve

e-rider

crappy member
HaloJ said:
Interesting..... there's that different paint job thing again.....

I went for one of the topeak quick release racks so that I can take it off at the weekend.

SecteurAtJacks.jpg

I could chew through that lock - get a new one quick before the bike is stolen

e-rider

crappy member
macp said:

dvrhh4.jpg

nice bike but you are right - a black rack would have looked better

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looking for a new rack for my Secteur which is grey... sooooo.. if you want to buy a new black one. I will take the silver one off your hands for the price you paid.

macp said:

dvrhh4.jpg

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
ianrauk said:
Do you honestly think that Halo would lock the bike out of her sight?

:rolleyes: yeah

It's there only to stop a walk away theft and I only locked it up becuase I couldn't take it into the bar when I was buying my drink. :ohmy: I tend not to leave the bike unattended as I'm far too worried about it being stolen.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Norm said:
No, that's the revised version of the non-ugly Secteur paint job.

I thought that was the 09 colour scheme with the 2010 being that larger outline logo only? Or is it the other way around?

Where are my bimbo pills?

Norm

I put this in the Secteur group a few months back...
potsy's bike
picture.php

Norm's bike...
picture.php

Same differences, as are:

shipper's bike...
picture.php

Norm's bike
picture.php

If you compare macp's bike to Ian's Elite, you can see that the changes are the same, just in the Elite ugly colour scheme.

Ian's bike:
picture.php

Top Bottom