new bike, test ride :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
so the new bike is built, the gears set, the brakes braking but not breaking :smile: and the saddle and bars adjusted
just a little 5 mile spin but enough to see that everything was running fine and smooth. even managed a new PB on my favorite strava segment, after more than 6 months of thrashing along it on the old bike :tongue:

this is the only pic i have of it and it really doesn't do it justice :sad:
001_zps75871856.jpg

scott speedster 2009, hydroformed alu frame with carbon forks, bontrager wheels fitted new this year, brand new black bar tape, 105 groupset apart from crankset (might be compag i forget) and tektro brake calipers
love the 105 levers and rear mech, they look and feel and work so good :biggrin: :biggrin:

time for a proper ride tomorrow i say :bicycle:
Cheers Ed

rebelpeter

so the new bike is built, the gears set, the brakes braking but not breaking :smile: and the saddle and bars adjusted
just a little 5 mile spin but enough to see that everything was running fine and smooth. even managed a new PB on my favorite strava segment, after more than 6 months of thrashing along it on the old bike :tongue:

this is the only pic i have of it and it really doesn't do it justice :sad:
001_zps75871856.jpg

scott speedster 2009, hydroformed alu frame with carbon forks, bontrager wheels fitted new this year, brand new black bar tape, 105 groupset apart from crankset (might be compag i forget) and tektro brake calipers
love the 105 levers and rear mech, they look and feel and work so good :biggrin: :biggrin:

time for a proper ride tomorrow i say :bicycle:
Cheers Ed
Wow looks grrrrrreat to me hope u enjoy it.

Mrs M

Guru
:thumbsup: Very nice, enjoy!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Nice one Ed.:bicycle:in work tonight will send info you asked for tommorow.

Wishing you many happy miles on it.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
@Banjo i was just wondering how long it would be until you find this thread :tongue:
i reckon about 30 or 40 miles tomorrow on it to get a real feel for it
look forward to hearing from you, thanks
Cheers Ed

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
With all these ''many happy miles'' wishes, it sounds like it's your birthday. May I be the first to wish you many happy returns? :thumbsup:

Top Bottom