New Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
have a look at the Genesis website - i really like the 'look' of their bikes.

OP
OP
Farky

Farky

Well I went for this in the end and although I've only done a short ride on it, I'm very pleased.

P1010823.jpg

P1010824.jpg

P1010821.jpg

A couple of things have niggled me: The chainset isn't as specified and it's a 46 sugino with 170 cranks as opposed to an advertised Cinelli 48 with 165 cranks and I need to cut the steerer down as it's full of spacers and a little higher than I like. Wiggle do state the spec is open to change and once I get the steerer cut down, I will probably pop my new drops on it as I'm not sure about bull-horns.

I've added my Ultegra front brake, Conti 4000s's and Turbo saddle so far and most of that is the break-up the white.

Oops, nearly forgot; it's a 2012 Cinelli Mystic Rat.

That's a fun-looking whizzbang and it will stand out in traffic.

I also have 170 cranks on my fixed-gear fixie, but some people say 165s are better for the lower likelihood of toe-overlap and pedal-strike.

I like the 170s and they match my other road bikes.

On the long steerer, I'd always rather have too much than too little. You can saw the spare off, but it's only a few grammes and it's hardly ugly to have that little bump over the stem. Also, onward sale is easier when there's some adjustment left...

I hope you enjoy the bike. It looks like fun.

OP
OP
Farky

Farky

That's a fun-looking whizzbang and it will stand out in traffic.

I also have 170 cranks on my fixed-gear fixie, but some people say 165s are better for the lower likelihood of toe-overlap and pedal-strike.

I like the 170s and they match my other road bikes.

On the long steerer, I'd always rather have too much than too little. You can saw the spare off, but it's only a few grammes and it's hardly ugly to have that little bump over the stem. Also, onward sale is easier when there's some adjustment left...

I hope you enjoy the bike. It looks like fun.
Good points and thanks!

OP
OP
Farky

Farky

As luck may have it my old langster developed a fault in the frame :laugh: and managed to secure a replacement under warranty!

standalone
How are you finding the 2012 Langster? I had a look at one but it just didn't do it for me; the components appeared to be very cheap and the frame just felt different (not in a good way) to the previous models. I notice you've changed the bars (which is a good thing) and is that a different front brake?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I got just the new frame, forks and stem the rest was refitted back on from the old bike. I actually quite like the frame, its different geometry for sure but it feels alot stiffer. The cranks are new as fitted on the 2012 langster ( they couldn't get the existing ones off ) however they don't flex like the zen messengers? On the whole I am pleased with the ride now but it is a tad heavier then old.

OP
OP
Farky

Farky

Hmm... does this mean you might be selling the Langster and, if so, what size is it?

Just, you know, asking like. ^_^

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialized-Langster-/120921675000?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item1c277e54f8

Top Bottom