New bikes on order....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Old Attrick has finally decided to call it a day on cycling...........................well part time anyway, and to take it up full time. So from the end of February I am freeing myself of the shackles of employment and taking up cycling as and when I want to do it. (I believe in colloquial circles it is termed "retirement"). Clearly, I will now require, yea need a new bike (and so will Mrs A in order to keep up!). After thorough and careful research and in consultation with SWMBO, I have decided that only bespoke transport constructed by a guru of cycling, (and local to Attrick Towers) will fill the bill. Therefore Dave Yates has been commissioned to construct said modes of transport.

Accordingly, orders have been issued to effect the construction of said steeds and all being well, sea trials will commence around May time. May God bless them and all who ride them.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Congratulations!

A wise choice with the bikes.

I purchased an unused 10 year old Dave Yates' Randonneur frame and I've built it into an audax/fast tourer. At first i thought it was a headwind magnet as the first for audaxes that I rode were very windy with lots of againsterlies but - I was completing the rides in less time that I normally take and I felt fresher at the end of each one.

The Yates', I'm tempted for the first time to name a bike - Eddy in this case, is a very comfortable ride and I look forwards to doing my first 200km audax on it im April/May.

Owning the Yates has not cured me of the need for another bike though :laugh:

Danny

Legendary Member
Presumably you are getting one of his bespoke tourers - look forward to seeing the pictures.

postman

Legendary Member
From a fellow crew member of the good ship,Retirement.Welcome aboard matey.
May you have plenty of ;) and ;)

OP
OP
Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Thanks for the welcome postman. Hugely looking forward to not getting up at 4:30am on freezing cold winter days to scrape ice from three vehicles before starting work. I am also looking forward to getting up at 4:30 am on sunny, warm days to get out on two wheels. I adore early morning rides before anyone else has stirred.

Top Bottom