New Boardman Road Sport - Limited Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
I own a boardman race and can tell you that there is nothing wrong with the tektro brakes, it is just the pads that are pants, so a fairly cheap upgrade. The mavic cxp22 wheels are a liitle heavy, but they are bombproof, still use them now in winter. There is nothing wrong with the saffron tyres either, not a single puncture in many a mile.

if you'll note i did not say there was anything ''wrong'' with any kit

all i said was

''but for £600 i reckon you have a wider field''

if you'll note i did not say there was anything ''wrong'' with any kit

all i said was

''but for £600 i reckon you have a wider field''
I did not say that you did, I was just giving my experiences of the elements that I know.

I expect one day a bike will come out that every cyclist in the world accepts is a good bike.

Until then we have the Dawes Galaxy.

OP
OP
tudor_77

tudor_77

Über Member
Doodah, like you I own the Boardman Race (my main Road bike actually) and I agree that the Tektro brakes are decent, especially once I got my LBS to change the pads.

My main reason for starting this thread was that Boardman very rarely seem to add anything new and unexpected to their bike line up. Also the 2014 range seemed to be lacking something in the £600-£1000 pound range. The previous set of models had the the Road Race, Road Comp and Road Team Bikes, whereas the 2014 only really had the Road Sport and the Road Comp 2014 before we start to get into the realms of full Carbon jobbies like the new Road Team. Personally I preferred the old line up of sub-£1000 Road bikes as there was more choice.

On that basis I thought this new bike seemed like an interesting prospect, although I would prefer to see a new 2014 Road Race with full Sora (or even Tiagra) Groupset, maybe that is something Boardman could consider for the future though.

As of yet, still no reviews anywhere of the Road Race LTD. I hope they don't discontinue what seems like a decent addition to the range.

OP
OP
tudor_77

tudor_77

Über Member
Where else can you get a bike with a fairly decent frame for this kind of money though ?

Yep, cannot deny the awesomeness of those smooth welds. Another factor is the superior ride you get from a Boardman, at pretty much any price point, they consistently top other brands in comparison tests.

OP
OP
tudor_77

tudor_77

Über Member
£379 is a ridiculous bargain! Sorely tempted myself but just bought a bunch of cycling gear so unable to justify it at the moment, one of the reasons why I hope the keep it as a part of the line up!

theweekender

Hi there. I am new to the chat forum and a newbie to cycling. Have been wanting to get into the sport for a while but wasn't sure which bike to punt for. Was looking at some of last years models - Mekk and a Moda Intro. The mekk is out of stock in my size - small and the Moda has a strange set up on the handle bars (the guy in the shop agreed). Looks like this Boardman ltd is very good value and an ok spec for the money? The non ltd version seems to get consistently good reviews. Can I ask how you can get it for 379 Tudor?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Can you tell me how please? I am about to buy this. Many thanks
Join british cycling for £24 and with your membership card you can get more off ( 10 % )
I bought a cheap bike for swmbo obeyed yesterday , ordered on line for collection then paid in store showing my BC membership card and they used a bar code from a book they had to give extra discount.

Brava210

Über Member
Join british cycling for £24 and with your membership card you can get more off ( 10 % )
I bought a cheap bike for swmbo obeyed yesterday , ordered on line for collection then paid in store showing my BC membership card and they used a bar code from a book they had to give extra discount.

Plus I get another 10% through a work scheme

Stormbringer

Regular
I took my Carbon bike back to Argos as I found the ride so uncomfortable ,I've just bought the Boardman Ltd. I've changed the wheels and saddle and find the ride so much better than the carbon bike .where the carbon bike jarred even on fairly smooth roads the Boardman Glides along and the frame welding is a joy to behold .The Shimano Claris parts work just fine .I've also bought a Ribble alloy frame and am in the process of building a bike from scratch.
I'm going to use the same Shimano gear parts as the Boardman as the are a reasonable price and work well .
I paid £409 at Halfords for mine ,which I had to return as there was a big chip out of the Carbon forks on the underside.They replaced it with a new bike ,all is well with this one .

Top Bottom