New Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Disgraceful. I watched it four times to be sure I was properly outraged.

D

Deleted member 26715

On a serious note I'm sorry either I missed the point or it was a very poor advert, I don't see how a woman walking around with her blouse slightly undone is going to raise awareness of breast cancer.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
On a serious note I'm sorry either I missed the point or it was a very poor advert, I don't see how a woman walking around with her blouse slightly undone is going to raise awareness of breast cancer.

Well I guess,
even if it reminds one more woman to do her breast check it's a good thing.

The thread title is inaccurate of course.,those breasts are certainly not 'hanging out' by any measure.

They hang out a bit more when babies are being breastfed (which incidently, is very good for breast health) and people look at that too.

But apparently some people are offended by women feeding their kids in public.. Now that is a weird thing to get incensed by.

That people look at breasts is hardly a massive revelation is it?

People also look at legs, hairdos, trees, small dogs, cakes in shop windows, flocks of pigeons, and all manner of other things too.

But heigh-ho, some good may come of it I guess.

Not forgetting of course, that guys can also suffer this disease, so it's worth them checking too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

Well I guess,even if it reminds one more woman to do her breast check it's a good thing.
True, but what is it about that video that would achieve it? It may just be subliminal but far too subliminal for me

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
True, but what is it about that video that would achieve it? It may just be subliminal but far too subliminal for me

Well we're, talking about it.

Of course it's just click bait really, but like I said if just one more person in the world checks themselves then something has been achieved.

Sure many of us on here have lost someone to this disease.

In truth it's pretty well publicised nowadays, it's all the other screenings that need a better uptake too.

How do we get better publicity on them??

It doesn't really seem to be too difficult to get people thinking about breasts :rolleyes: it's the other slightly less 'on show' parts that we need to be considering maybe??

Rocky

Hello decadence
I'm all for this type of approach if it raises awareness. I have lost a number of dear friends to breast cancer and my partner has had it too - although thanks to the development of new chemo approaches, is now disease free. Early detection and diagnosis is key in many cases. Let's hope this video clip saves someone's life.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm all for this type of approach if it raises awareness. I have lost a number of dear friends to breast cancer and my partner has had it too - although thanks to the development of new chemo approaches, is now disease free. Early detection and diagnosis is key in many cases. Let's hope this video clip saves someone's life.

Well hurrah for that bit of good medical news.

And our wonderful health services.

I lost my mother to it (still in her prime)
Just over two years back.

Slightly too late for her to benefit from the latest breakthroughs in treatment.

Rocky

Hello decadence

Slightly too late for her to benefit from the latest breakthroughs in treatment.
Yes, thank goodness for Herceptin - in the past HER2+ had a very poor prognosis.....now the 5 year survival rate (if caught early) is close to 99%. It is a good news story and the health services were wonderful.

Rocky

Hello decadence

I'm sorry about your mum. It must have been a difficult time for you.

Top Bottom