New Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The fact this totally inaccurate and inflammatory title is allowed to stand illustrates brilliantly why this place is now a running joke. Shame on you

Indeed it's dreadful..

I was just about to put in a complaint to the management myself. :whistle:

But it has, at least, got us talking about a few serious issues such as routine screening.

Oh but hang on, are you actually complaining because you came here, hoping for the full frontal, and only got deepish cleavage?
Mmmn , that could be a dissapointment for some too I guess. :blink:

12boy

Guru
Here in the western USA there are grass roots efforts to change decency laws so as to allow women to be as bare chested in public as men. If the "free the nipple" folks are successful perhaps that area will no longer be of much more interest than necks, ankles, hair, tummies or other body parts once considered too erotic to be shown publicly.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The fact this totally inaccurate and inflammatory title is allowed to stand illustrates brilliantly why this place is now a running joke. Shame on you

Shame on who?

Hopefully not the Mods/Shaun as the title has just been edited as soon as I saw a member report and presumably before one of the other Mods saw it.

If not aimed at the Mods then I apologise in advance but if it is it is unreasonable to expect 24/7 responses from us as we do have a life off of the forum. :okay:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Here in the western USA there are grass roots efforts to change decency laws so as to allow women to be as bare chested in public as men. If the "free the nipple" folks are successful perhaps that area will no longer be of much more interest than necks, ankles, hair, tummies or other body parts once considered too erotic to be shown publicly.

It's long been a mystery to me how it's perfectly acceptable for kids to watch films (or play games) involving people turning each others insides out with firearms, and other implements.

But yet, when it comes to human peoples not wearing clothes, on certain parts of themselves, it's a moral outrage from which we must be protected at all costs.

Bizarre.

It's long been a mystery to me how it's perfectly acceptable for kids to watch films (or play games) involving people turning each others insides out with firearms, and other implements.

But yet, when it comes to human peoples not wearing clothes, on certain parts of themselves, it's a moral outrage from which we must be protected at all costs.

Bizarre.
Yes - Lenny Bruce had a lot to say about that.

This thread has got somewhat more boring/less wide ranging though - some folks need a sense of humour

(not aimed at you)

One can only wonder why someone protested.

(and no I won't be wondering aloud on here)

Thanks for your wideranging posts on the topic mudsticks - refreshing.

Sorry to hear about your mum

Mr Celine

Discordian
Having just watched the video in the OP the thing that impresses me most is the image stability... :whistle:

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Shame on who?

Hopefully not the Mods/Shaun as the title has just been edited as soon as I saw a member report and presumably before one of the other Mods saw it.

If not aimed at the Mods then I apologise in advance but if it is it is unreasonable to expect 24/7 responses from us as we do have a life off of the forum. :okay:

Ignore FishFright - he's so hard-left he makes Jeremy Corbyn look like a Zionist.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ignore FishFright - he's so hard-left he makes Jeremy Corbyn look like a Zionist.

Well to be fair to @FishFright the original thread title was pretty much the same ol same ol 'rolls eyes' tedious objectify of womens bodies, and sexism for the entertainment of juvenile guys, that has been plaguing womankind for centuries.

Some of us are pretty inured to it, after a lifetimes worth of such drivel.

And choose to meet it where is at, to expose it for what it is.

But at the same time many women will be put off joining in such discussions, or even joining forums where they take place.

The atmos of a place is created collectively, and by general consent.

If you're not sure about all this Then maybe ask how it looks to someone who has direct experience.

classic33

Leg End Member
Of what, breast cancer.

Be the only male in a breast clinic, there to be seen not as support.

De-mystify the disease, getting people talking about it and you stand a chance of people not talking in Whisper's about it.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Of what, breast cancer.

Be the only male in a breast clinic, there to be seen not as support.

De-mystify the disease, getting people talking about it and you stand a chance of people not talking in Whisper's about it.

My reference in terms of 'asking persons with direct experience' was to do with the very tiresome, objectification of womens bodies, for the entertainment of immature guys.

Which might put women off joining in forums, or discussions such as this.

But yes, why not also, awareness all round.

I did mention on page one of the thread, that men can suffer this disease too.

Hope it helps.

Well I guess,
even if it reminds one more woman to do her breast check it's a good thing.

The thread title is inaccurate of course.,those breasts are certainly not 'hanging out' by any measure.

They hang out a bit more when babies are being breastfed (which incidently, is very good for breast health) and people look at that too.

But apparently some people are offended by women feeding their kids in public.. Now that is a weird thing to get incensed by.

That people look at breasts is hardly a massive revelation is it?

People also look at legs, hairdos, trees, small dogs, cakes in shop windows, flocks of pigeons, and all manner of other things too.

But heigh-ho, some good may come of it I guess.

Not forgetting of course, that guys can also suffer this disease, so it's worth them checking too.

classic33

Leg End Member
My reference in terms of 'asking persons with direct experience' was to do with the very tiresome, objectification of womens bodies, for the entertainment of immature guys.

Which might put women off joining in forums, or discussions such as this.

But yes, why not also, awareness all round.

I did mention on page one of the thread, that men can suffer this disease too.

Hope it helps.
The looks you get when you're in what is expected to be a female only clinic, can be a bit off-putting. A "What's he doing here?" attitude.

This from personal experience, over the last three years. Early morning/late evening appointments to "protect others using the clinics.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The looks you get when you're in what is expected to be a female only clinic, can be a bit off-putting. A "What's he doing here?" attitude.

This from personal experience, over the last three years. Early morning/late evening appointments to "protect others using the clinics.

Well I guess to be fair, everyone in these places is having a hard time, one way or another.

A general awareness of, and consideration for, the feelings, and sensitivities, of others would I imagine, be very much in order.

It's surprising (or maybe not) how few folks realise that men can get this too.

Everyone has the lymph nodes and the other structures, that can succumb .

We do quite a lot of stretching, and opening of the whole armpit area, in yoga to keep it all well irrigated, and in good circulatory health.

Hope you're coping OK with it all.

Top Bottom