New Build Finished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Picked up this frame today , unsure of make? as its been resprayed at some point

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Mocked up some of the frame last night
added RD, shifters , brakes and chainset , i thibnk i need a narrower BB as the 113 mm i had in stock means the inner ring has way to much clearance from the chain stay , i think i will order a 108 when i get paid .
FD i had in stock is to wide for the frame at 34.9 i think i need a 31.8 ? the frame is a 27.2 seatpost

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Finished build ,
cycle club mates gave me a FD , so all i needed was a BB, bar tape and a chain .Test rode today and i replaced the brake pads as they were to hard and had no bite ( gawd knows how old they are ) and it was a case of omfg am i going to stop ?
.Stem was installed flipped as the original owner had cut the steerer as shown in picture but i think i can run it slammed.

68 miles today on it and it felt great , its heavier than my alloy boardman but still in reasonable weight territory for an alloy frame

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Today tried to fit the crud mk2 i have in stock but the clearances are too tight :sad: i know the mk 3s i have on the vanquish will fit although it means i would need a set for them .
Pannier rack too, tried fitting the ones i have in stock but again the dont fit the seatstay welds which the one on the vanquish will :sad:

Options are to shop around for something that fits or move the ones i have over

TBH i havent decided whether to make this bike or the rebuilt boardroom the simmer commuter yet

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can never understand why people cut the steerer that much
Because they don't like having a lot of spacers above the stem? :whistle:

Obviously, if the bike is ever sold on to somebody who wants an upright position then they might not be too happy about it.

I have been lowering the bars on my bikes to get a more comfortable position (for me) so there are spacers above the stems now and that looks a bit untidy.

I am having a replacement fork fitted to my CAADX, which currently has 2 spacers below its stem and 3 above. I think I will have the new steerer cut 2 spacers shorter. That would give me the option of raising the stem by one spacer in the future, but also let me test it with only one spacer below without requiring a big stack of them above.

BSOh

Über Member
Today tried to fit the crud mk2 i have in stock but the clearances are too tight :sad: i know the mk 3s i have on the vanquish will fit although it means i would need a set for them .
Pannier rack too, tried fitting the ones i have in stock but again the dont fit the seatstay welds which the one on the vanquish will :sad:

Options are to shop around for something that fits or move the ones i have over

TBH i havent decided whether to make this bike or the rebuilt boardroom the simmer commuter yet

I might have some mk3's languishing in the back of the shed somewhere. If I can find them and they're still in one piece they're yours if you want them. Won't get chance to look until mid week though.

Top Bottom