New Build Finished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Dilemma is which one becomes the commuter ?
This one has sram apex 10 speed and pannier mounts , its a bit lighter with the same wheelset ( negligible only a few 100 grams i bet)but the paintwork is not as good as my old refurbed boardman which has sram force and a better paint job , it has race blade longs which give good coverage so the guy behind doesnt get a mouthful .I do have a seatpost clamp for panniers somewhere for it .

Last edited:

jakie

Dilemma is which one becomes the commuter ?
This one has sram apex 10 speed and pannier mounts , its a bit lighter with the same wheelset ( negligible only a few 100 grams i bet)but the paintwork is not as good as my old refurbed boardman which has sram force and a better paint job , it has race blade longs which give good coverage so the guy behind doesnt get a mouthful .I do have a seatpost clamp for panniers somewhere for it .
View attachment 583494

I would alternate them and ride which ever one took my fancy on the day. Assuming there is somewhere safe to park them.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Update
Used it for 2 days commuting and even with new brake pads the stopping power of the fsa branded calipers is pitiful so i will have to have change them for something else . Just got some ribble stickers which i can install later.After that its just sorting mudgaurds

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

This. also you've got a decent mudguard fit on it, which you might not get with mystery stealth bike.

however, if you need a getaway bike for doing over jewelers at night, leave the boardman in the shed.
i set it up for commuting for now to see how it goes but as you say mudgaurds could be an issue , i know @BSOh said he might have some ?

Top Bottom