New camera, revisiting an old hobby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
A very helpful Jay flew past and perched maybe 50 - 70 ft away in the local country park (lcp ? :sad:)
Despite the 200mm lens, still had to crop the image to bring it forward. Only a snapshot really, but very pleasing because i've rarely seen this bird.

View attachment 302

nice - the Jay is a beautiful bird...well depicted in a wintry setting here 10/10

wafflycat

Get jays in my garden every day. The come to feast on the nuts I put out. The prettiest bird I get is the occasional visit from a kingfisher, flying up and down the stream at the end of the garden. Had a couple of mandarin ducks in the garden for a short time. One year Mrs Mallard and her brood of ten would actually walk up to the back door, whereupon Mrs Mallard would tap on the door with her bill... Then there's the woodpeckers. Currently I have a semi-tame pheasant (female) who will run towards me (stopping about a couple of metres away) as I throw nuts & raisins out for her to feast on. A robin will sneak in and take dried catfood from the cats' bowls.

RobinhelpingitselftoWafflessfood-1.jpg

Then there's a jackdaw that occasionally gets in the house.

According to the local wildlife, I have a large neon sign above my head which says "soft touch for food" :sad:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
BJB said:
I've never seen one. They don't seem to be any round here. Thanks.

If its any consolation, ive rarely seen them although they are quite common. Shy birds, ..living in parkland or woodland, they're smaller than a pigeon, bigger than a blackbird. If you have woodland, theyre probably around. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom