new camera set up coming soon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Just sent off a cheque to dogcamsport for an HQR2 with sony HQ2 camera (plus a couple of mounts/holder for the recorder). Should be much better and lighter than the atc3k (which will still be used). I'll be using the set up for a little more than cycling videos as you can see from my previous efforts, lol!

Looking forward to my new toys, lol!

Cullin

Über Member
Hi Dowmfader,
Long time no speak, that camera looks interesting, you will have to let us know how you get on with it...
Did you ever try the Infra-Red LED's... think you were heading to the shops as soon as you got paid.
Still waiting for better weather, as I want to continue playing with the ACT5K...to try my new improved mount position on the back of the Trike... Should have no arm in the picture this time.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Yeah I went into maplin and they didnt have what the website said was in stock, lol! The security shops were too expensive so I left it and saved some more for this new set up. This removes the need for an infrared lamp:smile:

Cullin

Über Member
At least you have had time to research cameras and it does look good, been reading about it since our last post.
Suppose you will get it by Wednesday or Thursday... or before, some suppliers seem to break all known delivery records..
I hope it is all that you expect and more, when it arrives.
See Ya.

I'm jealous! I'll certainly be interested to know how you get on. The HQ2 is supposed to be better than my HQ1 at night and mine is pretty good. The recorder should be the bees knees, compared to my archos! 8mb/s, 720 x 576 recording will get the best out of the camera. I'm just glad I have no money left after buying my new bike!:evil:

Enjoy!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
magnatom said:
I'm jealous! I'll certainly be interested to know how you get on. The HQ2 is supposed to be better than my HQ1 at night and mine is pretty good. The recorder should be the bees knees, compared to my archos! 8mb/s, 720 x 576 recording will get the best out of the camera. I'm just glad I have no money left after buying my new bike!:sad:

Enjoy!

Yeah it was your footage of the HQ1 in low lights that influenced me to try the HQ2. It was either the dogcam or the actioncamera version for me - both seem to be spec'd the same but the dogcam is slightly smaller iirc.

I decided to go for one of the recorders that the police and military have used. That way it will be quite rugged and if it ends up on the back of a remote controlled car or I use it at work then it should hopefully last.

I spose I'm lucky to not have a young family, certainly wouldnt be able to afford to save for this stuff if I did. :ohmy:

If the ATC5K is anything like my ATC5K for filming in the dark (pretty poor) and judging by magnatom's footage it looks like you are making the right move

One of the suggestions I sent Oregon Scientific was that they needed to improve low light response. Still a great company - no one else has made a camera anything like theirs or as rugged for that price before or since. I reckon late this year, early 2010 we'll see a new improved cam from OS.

LeeW

I spent some time looking at camera systems and that looks like one of the best there is. I decided I would not use a camera enough to justify it's price though so I went for the HQ1 with MiniDVR1 recorder unit which is about half the price.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
LeeW said:
I spent some time looking at camera systems and that looks like one of the best there is. I decided I would not use a camera enough to justify it's price though so I went for the HQ1 with MiniDVR1 recorder unit which is about half the price.

Still a good set up imo. You can use that not just for cycling, I did read online of a guy who used his with a motion sensor to record wildlife in his garden. Might try that myself. ;)

You can also record the telly into them

LeeW

downfader said:
You can also record the telly into them

Am I correct thinking that you need a telly (or digibox) with video out as the recorder does not have a tuner in it?

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
LeeW said:
Am I correct thinking that you need a telly (or digibox) with video out as the recorder does not have a tuner in it?

I'm told you need a scart adapter that has the tv signal and audio cables split out, that then goes into a special cable into the recorder.. I do need to look it up some more tbh. I'll probably to a "how to" when I get it sorted. :smile:

Basically it records the signal direct from the scart out. Maplin used to do the breakout cable and most of the solidstate DVRs come with the special cable to connect it to. :smile:

Just dont go posting copyright stuff on youtube :laugh:

Top Bottom