New car - any opinions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
According to the SEAT dealer, we can cancel at any time. The half way through thing is if you want to simply return the car and stop the whole contract; then you need to have paid at least 50% of the contract amount. We want to simply pay the whole amount. and end the agreement keeping the car.

The other option is to pay cash but then we only get a £1,500 discount, not the £2,000 that PCP offers. The car will not be available until June (probably), so we have time to mull it over. :smile:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Mazda CX-30. More reliable than the European stuff and more economical, if you get the SkyActiv-X engine.

DRM

Guru
What the heck is going on with the world!

The other day I eyed a Suzuki of some sort, a 4x4 looking one. I thought it was a Toyota Rav4 but then spotted the Suzuki badge. Later that evening I figured if I ever wanted a rav4 but a cheaper version, I'd take a look at Suzuki. The damn thing starts at £46k!

Then the other day I saw a Mini. I really like the paint colours on Minis and wondered what green ones are available pre-owned. On the Mini website, a new Mini is due to be launched, a convertible electric one. Hey great, I might like a electric convertible! Then I saw the price which starts at £53k. FOR A MINI!!!!

Anyway, back on topic...

I think the Suzuki you saw was an Across, the reason it looks like a Rav-4, is because it is a Rav-4, hence the price

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
According to the SEAT dealer, we can cancel at any time. The half way through thing is if you want to simply return the car and stop the whole contract; then you need to have paid at least 50% of the contract amount. We want to simply pay the whole amount. and end the agreement keeping the car.

The other option is to pay cash but then we only get a £1,500 discount, not the £2,000 that PCP offers. The car will not be available until June (probably), so we have time to mull it over. :smile:

Well, picked up the car yesterday (a month earlier than expected which was nice), phoned SEAT (VW) financial services and cancelled the PCP today, at a cost of £12.12p. So, we saved an extra £500 (minus £12.12p) by picking the PCP option, and there was no issue cancelling it straight away and paying the full amount :smile:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well, picked up the car yesterday (a month earlier than expected which was nice), phoned SEAT (VW) financial services and cancelled the PCP today, at a cost of £12.12p. So, we saved an extra £500 (minus £12.12p) by picking the PCP option, and there was no issue cancelling it straight away and paying the full amount :smile:

Have you got a pic' - they do look nice. A deep red one materialised in the village a short while back and that looks really nice.

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Have you got a pic' - they do look nice. A deep red one materialised in the village a short while back and that looks really nice.

Will take some tomorrow if I remember, but it looks just like this

1683218187056.png

Top Bottom