New car - any opinions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
looked at used car yesterday for Son. a little rust on the strut mount bolts under the hood. a pet peeve of mine. the engine was quiet, really nice silent idle. but the interior had a smell. I've smelled something like that before in used cars. maybe the previous owner was a smoker & they tried to mask it w/ something. just repulsive

Gunk

Guru
a little rust on the strut mount bolts

R56 Minis seem to suffer from that, cheap mild steel bolts are the problem, not even zinc coated.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
VW T-Cross Black Edition not available (in blue) until November - so that is out :sad:
Peugeot 2008 - dealer tried to confuse us over the price, claiming a £1500 discount that wasn't real - so that is out

So the SEAT is current choice, or not bothering and going on a few expensive holidays instead :smile:

Nice R Line in blue with only 1000 on the clock and within your budget.

8 months is not a bad lead time at the moment for in-demand cars.

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/t-cross/estate-r-line-gjc5my5

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
drove the Suzuki Vitara yesterday - both of us rather liked it: Nice and high seating, good visibility, perky engine and £2750 off the list price (but I believe Suzuki often have such offers). Not so keen on the MG - rather big and wafty.

DRM

Guru
drove the Suzuki Vitara yesterday - both of us rather liked it: Nice and high seating, good visibility, perky engine and £2750 off the list price (but I believe Suzuki often have such offers). Not so keen on the MG - rather big and wafty.

I've had a Vitara, it was very comfy, very reliable, we chopped 2 cars in for a Swift to reduce out goings, if it's a brand new one I think they have an offer of 2 years free servicing too

D

Deleted member 1258

that’s the problem these days, all cars drive well. makes It very difficult to choose, generally Japanese are less troublesome. My late mother had endless Honda Jazz’s for years, they just never went wrong.

I've got an eleven year old Suzuki Swift, had it for six years, apart from consumables I've hardly had to touch anything.

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
OK, in the end we went with a SEAT Arona SE-Technology in blue with a black roof. Went for a second test drive today and got £2000 deposit contribution on a PCP deal which we plan on paying off the day after we get the car, so hopefully will only pay 1 day interest - has anyone else ever done this ? The cost ended up at £19,960 which compares well with the other options.

Thank you everyone for all help and advice

Andrew

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
OK, in the end we went with a SEAT Arona SE-Technology in blue with a black roof. Went for a second test drive today and got £2000 deposit contribution on a PCP deal which we plan on paying off the day after we get the car, so hopefully will only pay 1 day interest - has anyone else ever done this ? The cost ended up at £19,960 which compares well with the other options.

Andrew

Nice car - enjoy & don't forget to post a piccies.🙂

Which engine option did you go for?

mustang1

Legendary Member
Drove a Honda Jazz today, nice and smooth drive, comfortable, but when we asked about cost and ordering one were told that the order book is currently paused, and nothing can be ordered ! So, that is out :smile:

Suzuki Vitara is the next one to drive. Looked at it today and seemed pretty good. Test drive tomorrow with the Suzuki and also an MG ZS, which looked huge and dark in the showroom, but we shall see tomorrow.

Andrew

What the heck is going on with the world!

The other day I eyed a Suzuki of some sort, a 4x4 looking one. I thought it was a Toyota Rav4 but then spotted the Suzuki badge. Later that evening I figured if I ever wanted a rav4 but a cheaper version, I'd take a look at Suzuki. The damn thing starts at £46k!

Then the other day I saw a Mini. I really like the paint colours on Minis and wondered what green ones are available pre-owned. On the Mini website, a new Mini is due to be launched, a convertible electric one. Hey great, I might like a electric convertible! Then I saw the price which starts at £53k. FOR A MINI!!!!

Anyway, back on topic...

mustang1

Legendary Member

Andrew

Research this of course, but I thought you get a penalty fee if you pay a PCP deal off too early? I thought you could not pay it off before half way through the PCP deal or something like that.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Research this of course, but I thought you get a penalty fee if you pay a PCP deal off too early? I thought you could not pay it off before half way through the PCP deal or something like that.

Quite a few different options depending upon who the PCP is with .

And as @mustang1 mentioned some of them require a minimum period of time before you can pay it off so worth checking

Top Bottom