New car - any opinions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Toyota Yaris Cross

A friend was buying cars last year and we really liked this but it was out of budget. If you can afford it that's my recommendation.

gbb

Legendary Member
If you like the Peugeot, look at the Citroen C3 Aircross. It should fit your needs well.

When I was buying my Mazda 3 (in 2019) the car supermarket locally had loads of C3s in, not a bad looking car, they had a beefy, stylish look about them. What put me off were the prices, cheapest cars on the lot, seriously cheaper than most other equivalent cars....which made me wonder why ?

Citroens were £3k cheaper than most other equivalent age cars. Its either a bargain...or ....

Jameshow

Veteran
When I was buying my Mazda 3 (in 2019) the car supermarket locally had loads of C3s in, not a bad looking car, they had a beefy, stylish look about them. What put me off were the prices, cheapest cars on the lot, seriously cheaper than most other equivalent cars....which made me wonder why ?

Citroens were £3k cheaper than most other equivalent age cars. Its either a bargain...or ....

The make?!🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣
Were they parked between the fiats and Renault's?!!

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

I've just part exchanged mine, bought new in 2019.
Not had a minutes trouble with it, required nothing but routine servicing in that time, no warranty claims or recalls and it would do nearly 60mpg on a run (110bhp 1.2 petrol).
It was the 5th Citroen I've owned in approx 20 years.
They might have a reputation, but in my experience it's totally unfounded.

Fellow members,

It is time for a new car (and we like new ones irrespective of the depreciation :smile: ) It will probably be kept for 10+ years assuming we like it. In the past we have had a Peugeot 2008 and rather liked it, but daughter managed to convince us to swap it with her so we ended up with a Toyota Aygo which is a bit small. So, since we liked the 2008 we have been looking at small SUV types and have come up with the following short list
in order of cost :

SEAT Arona
VW T-Cross
Peugeot 2008
Toyota Yaris Cross

We like some bits of all cars, but not all bits of any car, so dear forumites, do you have any opinions, ideas, other options that could help us decide ?

Thanks
Andrew

Ford Puma not on shortlist? Car of the year and all that.

A bit expensive and it seems mainly to be the "fun to drive" facet that makes it car of the year. Our driving is quite pedestrian really :smile:

Fair play. One car i was absolutely amazed by was the Dacia Sandero Stepway. Hired one in Italy last summer and loved it, a real surprise for the price.

gbb

Legendary Member
A bit expensive and it seems mainly to be the "fun to drive" facet that makes it car of the year. Our driving is quite pedestrian really :smile:

As a (up to that point) Vauxhall driver, I brought a quite new Mk2 Ford Focus, at that time (and probably still is) labelled a 'drivers' car, in touch with the road, responsive, blah blah blah.
I hated it, literally.
In touch with the road....it transmitted every movement of the road surface through the steering wheel, twitchy, it was like driving with your senses being continuously updated. To a Vauxhall driver ( which tend to be comfy, long geared, relaxed cars to drive) ...it was awful.

Jameshow

Veteran
As a (up to that point) Vauxhall driver, I brought a quite new Mk2 Ford Focus, at that time (and probably still is) labelled a 'drivers' car, in touch with the road, responsive, blah blah blah.
I hated it, literally.
In touch with the road....it transmitted every movement of the road surface through the steering wheel, twitchy, it was like driving with your senses being continuously updated. To a Vauxhall driver ( which tend to be comfy, long geared, relaxed cars to drive) ...it was awful.

Don't try a mini then!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Cost of materials and energy has pushed the cost of production much higher , let alone transportation costs etc.We have been told our pay rise cant match inflation because if it does we might put us out of consideration for new models given that wages make up the biggest part of our costs .

Top Bottom