New car - any opinions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Ive seen a few cars like that, seems to be a design trend! Time for some dark glasses to prevent eyesore!!

I think the designers have thought well into the future and have got people accustomed to SUV style cars, even small ones like a Yaris. And I think they done that because you can fit larger batteries in a small Yaris SUV than you can in a small normal Yaris.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Toyota Yaris Cross

A friend was buying cars last year and we really liked this but it was out of budget. If you can afford it that's my recommendation.

Should have gone to specsavers

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Thank you - that is very helpful :smile:

If you do look at the T.Cross the 110 as opposed to the 95 is the one to go for.

Black Edition is a no-brainer too, for the £500 extra you get some very nice wheels, all-round parking sensors, black privacy glass/roof rails, led headlights, sports comfort seats and a couple of other fripperies.

Seats are seemingly good value with no-cost metallic paint erc but the spec' often includes many small options that are standard on VW.

Puma is a decent car but felt a bit too claustrophobic compared to the T.Cross. Mrs SD thought it looked "expletive deleted hideous" too. I quite like the looks tbh.

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
We are definitely leaning towards the Black Edition (in blue :smile: ) - driving a new 2008 on Monday and doing another test drive in the SEAT and the VW next week, then it is probably decision type unless anyone comes up with another model to consider. We have tried a test drive in the Renault Captur, Kia Stonic, Hyundia Bayon. We are going to to look at the Citreon on Monday too, and if we like it taking it for a drive.

It is exhausting :smile: But thanks for all the input, it is very much appreciated

Jameshow

Veteran
I woul go for VW stable or Kia Hyundai from my previous car history!! Unless Renault / Citroen have pulled thier socks up recently!!

All uphill

Still rolling along
I would highly recommend a bicycle with trailer options. 😁

You just said what I've been thinking. :laugh:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Re: Citroens, my experience has only been positive, the C8 was totally reliable up to the 100k miles I had it. The 11 year old C1 on the drive with close to 70k miles is regularly thrashed to death on motorways and again has been (touch wood) utterly reliable since purchased new.

My Renault Espace much the same.

Maybe am lucky....

Jameshow

Veteran
Re: Citroens, my experience has only been positive, the C8 was totally reliable up to the 100k miles I had it. The 11 year old C1 on the drive with close to 70k miles is regularly thrashed to death on motorways and again has been (touch wood) utterly reliable since purchased new.

My Renault Espace much the same.

Maybe am lucky....

Maybe you drive them to the cliff edge and I drive them off!!

I've had a an zx, xantia and a ax GT only the ax was any good!
Renaults - I've had a 19ts (total shed) and a renault master which did master my wallet!

Where as I had 4 pugs and all were good!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
You need one of those 8-cyclinder turbo electric 4x4 mini-trucks that you can charge off a phone.

Otherwise, I have a petrol C3 Aircross which is now heading towards 5 years old and suits me fine. We also have a Berlingo-alike Peugeot which E mostly uses.

Top Bottom