New chain for Boardman HYB 8.9E Mens Hybrid Electric HELP PLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Bike

OK Im new to this... I need a chain for above which has Shimano Deore 1 x 10 Speed. Do I buy Shimano Deore HG54 HG-X 10 Speed Chain? Because it says Shimano Deore? Or what can I / should I buy? Do I have choices? Confused.. Also do you guys always change split links or re use??

Many Many Thanks

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Shimano chains are meant to be joined only using the special pin provided, but you can use an appropriate split link instead. Personally I don't bother with Shimano chains as normally the KMC brand chains are as good or better and come with the split link in the packet. Use a new split link with a new chain but keep old ones to carry in your toolkit for emergencies.
Make sure the new chain is long enough to match your current chain length and you will most likely need a chain tool to shorten the new chain by a couple of links.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Just bear in mind a Shimano chain which needs the joining pin pushed in (with a chain tool) is rather more of a challenge than a SRAM or a KMC (as @I like Skol suggests) which will have a 'quick/power link' and is a lot easier.

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
:welcome:
New quick link with a new chain.
Beware!
Some are single use only, which means you will need a new one if you have to remove the chain or split it for any reason.

Top Bottom