New chain = new cassette as well usually??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a great deal of sympathy for the bigtallfatbloke as I had a similar problem when I asked for a noise to be checked out around the btm brkt. I specifically asked them to ring me with the expected cost etc but did they? did they balls, they carried out a full service as well and charged me a similarly ridiculous amount! I simply do not use them any more and found another LBS who are very accomodating and are currently fitting my new chain and cassette for a tenner (I bought them both off the internet first).
I'm starting to think it may well be the best idea to learn these jobs myself as well, at least then you know exactly what has been done.

geordie vader

i had the same problem a couple of weeks and took the advice from the very helpful people on here.
but the plot thickens, its even worse now, so i was wondering if anybody might have any further advice, its a bit annoying really because there wasnt anything wrong with it but i though i would give it an overhaul, changed the gear cables, the chain and the cassette and yes i did index the gears, so now i am not even back to square one but square minus one. any advice would be greatly appreciated

Top Bottom