New Channel 4 Series looking for Cycle shops!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, (This post has been given the OK by Shaun)

We are working on a new Channel 4 series looking at helping independent businesses and would love to hear from all the independently run shops around the UK. If you own a shop or know someone who could benefit from some help please pass our details on.

Below is our press release including the details on how to get in touch.

We are looking forward to hearing from you and please don't hesitate to call if you have ANY questions,

Andy Bruce

Andy Bruce | Casting Researcher | Britain’s Shoppers
Optomen Television Limited
102 St Pancras Way
London NW1 9ND
Direct Dial: 020 3227 5936
Switchboard: 020 3227 5900
Fax: 020 3227 5901
www.optomen.com

ARE YOU AN INDEPENDENT CYCLE SHOP THAT NEEDS HELP?
A brand new expert-led series for
Channel 4 is going to show independent businesses how to improve profits and build a stronger customer base. If your business is struggling to survive or expand, we want to hear from you.

As part of this programme the successful applicant will receive advice and guidance from one of the UK’s Leading Consumer-facing Business Experts to help you give customers great value-for-money and increase your profits.

If you own the company and want to apply to be involved:
Please e-mail business@optomen.com or call 0203 227 5980

CycleDrew

Regular
Check out The London Cycle Workshop on Lavender Hill SW11
By far the best service I've had for my bike, and as I'm due for some new tyres and a service, will nominate them.

All joking aside, the reviews online will speak for themselves. The boys work wonders, and will go out of their way to ensure your cycling home.

DJ Cycles in Ramsbottom. Owned and run by the Brother of a friend of mine.

A small independent shop, the guy used to work for a national chain of cycle stores before venturing out on his own.

By his own admission could do with bigger premises so I'm sure he'd welcome any input to help him continue growing his business.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
The Bike Shed, Barnstaple. Really helpful and it's important to them that they sell you the item that's best for you!!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'd be wary. I'm a lover of bike shops, but the format of these shows can be particularly unflattering. Expert rolls in, rolls his or her eyes, comes up with a few tacky ideas (that ghastly hotel woman) or throws a tantrum (the wrinkly cook geezer) while the poor proprietor is made to look like some kind of inbred.

http://optomen.com/show.aspx?program=1891 this, by the same company should serve as a warning. And this is another load of bollox along the same lines http://optomen.com/show.aspx?program=1741

The best anybody could hope for is that they would be patronised something rotten...........

Gez73

Veteran
I could mention my Local Bike Shop but then you might get them loads more customers and I'd have to wait ages to get anything done. I think he's doing very well anyway and it sounds like you're more interested in shops needing direction/advice. Great idea though for anyone in need of help.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Just what the world needs, another rubbish programme, that no one needs, the no one will watch, made by no one in particular with a degree in media studies.

Top Bottom